Summary: MP4 is a popular video format in modern times, like anything popular you will see issues as time passes. The issue we discuss here is MP4 no sound, this can seem a tough issue but with the guide, you can easily fix MP4 sound issues.
- What are the reasons for MP4 video no sound?
- Can I fix MP4 file no sound issue?
- Methods to repair MP4 no sound issue
- Prerequisite checks
- Method 1: Update the audio drivers
- Method 2: Download and install necessary codecs
- Method 3: Convert MP4 files to different formats
- Method 4: Repair the MP4 with a professional repair tool
- Steps to repair using the SFWare video repair tool
- Tips to avoid MP4 file corruption
What are the Reasons for MP4 Video No Sound?
The first step in troubleshooting is to understand what causes the problems. The MP4 no sound issue can have a lot of reasons. Here we provide the most common ones below,
- Audio settings issues.
- Corrupt or outdated audio codec.
- Issues with media players.
- Out-of-date audio drivers.
- Corruption in the file.
Can I Fix MP4 File No Sound Issue?
When you understand what causes an issue, the next question is, “Can I fix an MP4 video with no sound issue?” And the answer is Yes; any issue can fix if you have the necessary knowledge. We are providing you with the knowledge and you don’t have to panic if you face this issue.
Methods to Repair MP4 No Sound Issue
Now we are going to investigate some of the common solutions we have found and evaluated for the issue of MP4 no sound, if you go through this guide, you will learn and repair MP4 files with no sound.
Prerequisite Checks to Repair MP4 No Sound Issues
Most of the time you have no sound in MP4 due to simple issues such as you have muted the player or system. So, before you go ahead you need to check the below list,
- Audio settings: Check whether the system is muted or not. If so, then turn on the volume.
- Audio component missing: Sometimes you may have downloaded a file with no audio component. You need to download the file with the audio component to fix it.
- Media player compatibility: Some media players may not support the audio encryption You try different media players to play the MP4 files.
Once you have gone through these prerequisite measures, if you still not resolve the issue, then now we have gone into some of the common solutions.
Method 1: Update the Audio Drivers
Audio drivers are used to communicate between operating systems and audio devices. This helps to convert digital audio data to analog signals. So, if these drivers become outdated then this communication breaks out. Follow the steps below to update the audio drivers,
- Type Device Manager in the search bar and click on Open.
- In the Device Manager window, find and expand the Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Select the audio driver and right click on it and select Update Drivers.
- In the Update Drivers window, click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the system.
Method 2: Download and Install Necessary Codecs
Codec helps the process of playing by encoding and decoding the file. An audio codec helps the audio part of the file. These codecs can be gone missing or corrupted, and cause issues. The solution for this issue is to download and install the codecs needed to play the MP4 audio. The common codecs used by MP4 are MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3) and AAC (Advanced Audio Coding). You can also download codec packs such as the K-lite codec pack or Combined Community Codec Pack.
Method 3: Convert MP4 Files to Different Formats
Converting a file to another format sometimes helps because the new file constructs the file and repairs the issues. You can convert an MP4 file using a conversion tool or use a VLC media player to convert the file. Below you can find steps to use the VLC media player to convert the file,
- Open VLC Media Player and click on Media in the top left corner.
- Select Convert/Save from the dropdown list.
- In the Open Media window, click on the File tab, then click on Add.
- Select the file from the window show up and click on Open.
- Now click on Convert/Save
- In the Convert window, select the Profile and provide the Destination file
- Now click on the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
Method 4: Repair the MP4 with a Professional Repair Tool
If other repair methods fail or you need a professional repair tool, we recommend you check out the SFWare Video Repair tool. This was developed to deal with many issues occurring on different video formats.
Steps to repair using the SFWare Video Repair tool
Download and install the SFWare Video Repair tool in the system and follow the instructions below,
Step 1: Launch the software and click on Select File to choose the file to repair.
Step 2: Once selected, click on Open, now click on Choose Reference MOV file.
Step 3: Select a healthy file and click on Open again.
Step 4: On the screen, you can click on the Repair button.
Note: The process may take time to complete, please wait until then and you can preview the file to verify the success.
Step 5: If you are satisfied with the result then you can complete the process by saving the repaired files.
Tips to Avoid MP4 File Corruption
As the saying goes prevention is better than cure, so we need to look at some of the tips to prevent corruption in a MP4 file, so you may never encounter issues like no sound ever again.
- Ensure a stable connection for downloading or transferring files.
- Use a reliable source to download the file.
- Avoid abrupt shutdown of the system or player.
- Always use safe ejection to remove connected storage devices.
- Back up your file regularly.
With this write up we have discussed MP4 no sound issue and solution. We have tried and troubleshoot the issue by first understanding the reasons and then looking at some common solutions to repair MP4 file no sound issue. We have also given some tips you should follow to avoid the corruption of MP4 files. Try the methods and let us know what your experiences are below in the comments.