Summary: Pixelated video is frustrating when you try to relax after a long day. Well, this article will give you detailed information on the issue. You can learn how to remove video pixelation with straightforward and efficient methods.
- Why does my video look pixelated?
- How to fix pixelated videos?
- Tips to avoid video pixelation during video recording
Why Does My Video Look Pixelated?
A pixelated video display images in a blurry or low-resolution manner. This will make a lousy viewing experience. The pixelation in the video can be the result of many reasons. You can find some of them below,
- Excessive compression of the video file.
- Transfer the video file to multiple devices.
- Issues while video format conversion.
- Incompatible media player.
- The video is shot in low light.
- Camera settings are not appropriate.
- Connectivity issue in video streaming.
- Corrupted video file.
How to Fix Pixelated Videos?
If you face video pixelation, the question you want to answer is, can you fix pixelated videos? Well, the answer is Yes. You can follow many methods here, but not all can give you the best result. Below is a curated list of easy and evaluated strategies for results.
Method 1: Check the Hardware Capabilities
Sometimes the pixelation is not a video file issue but a hardware processing capability issue. This is because high-resolution videos need significant computing power. If your hardware is not capable of handling this, your video may be displayed pixelated. You can overcome this by using hardware that can run the computation.
Method 2: Decompress the Pixelated Video File
Sometimes compressing the video files is needed to save space in your system. Compressing the file may reduce the quality of the video and lead to pixelation. You can try decompressing the file to fix the reason for the pixelation.
Method 3: Play Pixelated Video in Different Media Players
The pixelated video can be why the media player you are using is incompatible with the video. This can be the compatibility issue with the video format or the codec needed. You can try using other media players to play the video and find the one that can be used.
Note: You can also find and download the codec needed to the system to try fixing the pixelation issue. You can install a K-lite codec pack or a combined community codec pack; this will solve most of the problems due to codec.
Follow the steps below to change the media player used to play the video,
- Open the File Explorer and go to the location of your file stored.
- Right-click on the file and select Open with option.
- Select any other media player in your system from the list.
- Click on Always to make it the default player for this video format.
Note: You can Click on Just once to try other players.
Method 4: Enhance Pixelated Video in VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player has provided you with a feature to repair video files. This will help you improve pixelated video files if it is due to corruption in video files. Follow the steps below to fix the video file in the VLC media player,
- Open the VLC media player and click on Tools from the menu bar.
- Now click on Preferences in the list of options.
- In the window, Click on the Input/Codec tab.
- Now, select the value Always fix for the Damaged or Incomplete AVI file.
- Finally, click on Save and relaunch the VLC media player.
Method 5: Repair Pixelated Videos with a Video Repair Tool
The final solution you can use to fix pixelated video is to use a professional video repair tool. We recommend you use SFWare Video Repair Tool, a purpose-built tool to handle issues in multiple video formats such as AVI, MP4, MOV, etc.
Steps to Use SFWare Video Repair Tool
- Download and install SFWare Video Repair Tool to your system.
- Launch the software and click on the Select File button.
- Choose the pixelating video file and click on Open.
- Now click Choose Reference MOV file to select a healthy video file.
- Then click on Repair to start the process.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- You can preview the repaired file to verify the success.
- If you are satisfied, then click on Save to store the file.
Tips to Avoid Video Pixelation During Video Recording
If you are experiencing pixelation in a video you are recording, then you should follow the tips below to avoid it,
- Use a high-resolution camera to record.
- Optimize the lighting for the surrounding.
- Stabilize the camera to avoid losing focus.
- Set the camera with appropriate settings.
- Avoid using digital zoom.
This article helps you understand the video pixelation issue. We have discussed the reasons for pixelation and methods to remove pixelation from the video. You can follow the tips given to avoid pixelation while recording the video. Let us know your experience with the issue in the comment box.