Formatting the drive is not that uncommon nowadays as every computer user formats the drive to increase the drive performance and keep it free from errors. If you are trying to find solutions to recover your important data from the formatted SSD, this article speaks about unformatting the solid state drive to recover data from the same.
Most of the users go for SSD due to its inspiring performance over HDD such as reliability, speed, durability, and cost-effectiveness. Regardless of being so popular and efficient, SSD drives are still vulnerable to errors and corruption unlike other storage drives that certainly leads to formatting the drive.
Why Do We End Up Formatting the SSD?
There may be various reasons that might lead you to format the SSD. Few of the most common scenarios for formatting the solid state drive:
- Accidental Formatting: You may have accidentally formatted SSD while trying to format some other drive.
- When SSD turns RAW: When drive turns RAW or the File system becomes unrecognizable by the OS of your PC, it’s certain to opt for formatting the drive.
- Virus or Malware: You might attempt to format the SSD drive when it gets severely affected by virus or malware.
- Corruption in the SSD: Due to a corrupt file system, SSD drive gets inaccessible and you may have to reformat the drive to get rid of file system related errors, which leads to data loss.
- While re-partitioning the SSD: When you try to shrink or extend the SSD partition that leads to formatting the drive.
Can Data Be Recovered From Formatted SSD?
The answer would be absolutely yes. When you format the SSD, the data stored on the SSD, be it any photos, videos or files are marked as deleted and becomes invisible on SSD to the user. Meanwhile, you would be risking your data when you try overwriting new data on the same drive.
Therefore, it is strictly recommended not to use the SSD until you perform a data recovery from the drive.
How to Unformat a SSD?
Be it any SSD, with the help of the trusted SSD recovery software, you can easily recover formatted SSD data. SFWare SSD recovery software is the most recommended software designed efficiently to unformat the solid state drives.
With the help of the advanced scanning algorithms the tool reaches each sector on the drive to unformat the SSD. Further, it has user-friendly interfaces that make the recovery process effortless and trouble-free. You can try unformatting the drive for free by downloading it now…
How to Retrieve Data from SSD Hard Drive?
Connect the SSD drive to a healthy Windows or Mac computer and allow it to get detected by your computer. Download and install SFWare SSD Recovery Software in your PC and launch the application.
Note: If you have enabled TRIM on your SSD, it’s close to impossible to recover data from the SSD. At first verify whether your SSD status with TRIM command and follow the procedure.
- Form the main screen select the option Formatted Recovery
- Next, choose the SSD from which you want to recover the formatted data
- Scanning process initiates. Once scanning completes, you will be able to see the recovered data in Data View or File Type View.
- At last, save the recovered data to your desired location on the system or any other storage device
The software not only helps to recover data from the formatted drive, but also useful in recovering data from the corrupted drives and dead drives.
With the help of the SFWare SSD recovery software, you can easily recover data from SATA, SCSI, IDE hard drives, flash memory cards, external hard drives, iPods, etc.
The tool Supports all popular brands of SSD drives like Samsung, Transcend, OCZ, SanDisk, Seagate, and many others on all Windows and Mac platforms including new Windows 10 and macOS Catalina, Mojave and others.