If you have accidentally deleted or lost .jpeg files, here is the best workarounds that would help you recover deleted/ lost JPEG/JPG files. If you are looking for an instant solution, here is the tool that recover JPEG images and any other photo files including JPG/PNG from any kind of storage media.
Table of contents
How JPEG pictures are lost from the drive?
Can You Recover JPEG/JPG Files?
JPEG File Deleted or Lost-
JPEG or JPG File Corruption-
How Fix Corrupt JPEG files?
Recover Deleted/Lost JPEG Files
Frequently Asked Questions
You may have saved your pictures in internal HDD or External, SD card or USBs, when it comes to data stored in electronic devices, data loss is inevitable. Here are a few reasons that may lead to data loss from the device.
- Accidental deletion of data from the device (PC, SD cards, External storage devices)
- Formatting the device leads to data loss from it
- Sometime, system crash or other reasons like virus attacks causes damage to the pictures and end up with data corruption.
If JPEG/JPG files have been accidentally deleted, the recovery method completely depends on the mode files have been deleted.
Scenario 1: JPEG File Deleted or Lost-
- Files deleted using right-click or delete button can always be recovered from Recycle Bin. All you need to do is, just open Recycle Bin folder from desktop and search for the JPEG file deleted and restore them back to the location from where it is deleted.
- However permanently deleted JPEG files using Shift + Delete or Delete Immediately will bypass Recycle Bin or Trash. In such cases, the only recommended way to recover JPEG or JPG files is to use an efficient recovery tool.
Note: It is highly important that you stop using the device when a JPEG file is lost, once the recoverable data is overwritten by another file it becomes impossible to restore JPEG files.
Scenario 2: JPEG or JPG File Corruption-
- If your JPEG/JPG files are unable to open, the reason could be corruption. In the drive where files are saved. When drive is corrupted, you cannot access files saved in it . In such situation, it is recommended to repair the files before recover JPEG/JPG files.
You can repair JPEG files using CHKDSK in command prompt.
Note: This method fixes any drive related corruption. However, if JPEG file itself corrupted, this method might not be as affective.
- Run command prompt as an administrator. To open command prompt, search cmd in the Start Menu.
- After opening the command prompt, type CHKDSK D: /F where, C is the drive letter of the disk you wish to scan. This will perform a basic repair only.
- To recover JPEG corrupted files from the drive, type additional parameters such as CHKDSK D: /f /r /x. This will cause CHKDSK to scan the drive and recover any corrupted files it finds.
After completing the process, try and verify if the JPEG files are accessible. If you still cannot access the files, you can try to recover JPEG/JPG or any photo file format images using SFWare Photo Recovery Software.
SFWare Photo Recovery is one of the most trusted and reviewed recovery software that can recover permanently deleted and lost JPEG image files from any computer, USB drive, memory card or external hard drives. In addition to JPEG, the tool supports recovery of other image formats like JPG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TIF, PNG, PSD, Cr2 and CRW.
To recover JPEG/JPG files from any drive, all you need to do is, download and install SFWare Photo Recovery Software on the device and follow the below guided steps. This software completely understands the JPEG compression format and complies with smooth variations of tone and color to avoid corruptions during JPEG recovery.
Step 1: Select Recover Photos from the main screen. Select Recover Deleted Photos or Recover Lost Photos option from main screen depending upon the JPEG file loss situation.
Step 2: Select the drive from where JPEG file must be recovered
Step 3: The software initiates the scanning process. Once scanning process is complete, Recoverable files can be viewed in Data view type and File View type.
Step 4: Choose the files you want to recover, hit on Next button.
Double click on the recovered files to preview and validate. Save the recovered JPEG files by giving a desired location. Do not save the recovered files in the previous saved location.
One Software, Many Uses – SFWare
- Recovers lost or deleted photos from various camera brands such as Nikon, Canon and easily recovers videos from drone cameras.
- JPEG format works on block-based compression, SFWare selects quantization matrix of JPEG mechanism to recover high quality JPEG images.
- Software fully supports the recovery of RAF files produced by Canon, Pentax, SONY, Olympus, Panasonic and other cameras.
- It can restore JPEG photos from deleted or corrupted partitions drives or any external storage devices.
- With the help of the software you can easily recover photo booth files.
- The software not only recovers deleted JPEG images. Also supports various formats such as PSD file recovery.
Although photo recovery software recovers JPEG data, it is always advised to take a backup all your important photos/videos. Thus, if data loss is caused by various factors, you can easily and quickly get them back from backup files for free. If you ever encounter data loss scenarios, you always could make use of SFWare. SFWare has a support team that helps guiding you for 24/7 with respect to any information required on software.
Can you fix corrupted JPEG files?
Yes, you can easily fix JPEG files. With the help of CHKDSK (Command Prompt) not only JPEG or JPG, you can fix any file corruption.
Open Command Prompt, Run as Administrator
Type CHKDSK C: /F >> press Enter (To repair minor corruption)
Type CHKDSK C: /F /R /X >> press Enter (To scan the drive and recover any corrupted files)
Why do JPG files get corrupted?
The most common reasons for JPEG and JPG or any photo file corruption are broken or corrupted header of the file. Another reason for photo file corruption are viruses or malwares. Virus can infect the file or storage media and makes file inaccessible. Sometimes, bad sectors, errors on the storage media, such as hard drive, memory card etc., leads to JPG/JPEG file corruption.
How can I recover corrupted JPEG files?
Download and install SFWare Photo recovery software on your computer. If you need to recover photos from SD card or USB, connect your drive to computer using card reader or USB cable and launch the application. Select Recover Drive/Partition option from the main screen
Based on the scenario of data loss, select corrupt or formatted drive recovery and choose the drive to scan
Once the scan is complete, you will see the list of recoverable files on the screen
Choose the files based on file format (JPEG, JPG) and click on Next
Once the JPEG recovery is completed, you can save the JPEG files on your computer.