One of the reasons you were unable able to access your data is because the hard drive you are trying to access has become unbootable. That means, the hard drive cannot load the OS on it and hence the data from the unbootable hard drive becomes inaccessible. In this article, you will be able to understand how to access data manually and recover data from unbootable hard drive.
Booting is an initial process that starts the operating system of a computer when it is turned on. Hence, if your computer won’t boot you cannot access any of the data present in the drive. In such situations, you might end up thinking how to recover files from a hard drive that won’t boot? Worry not! It is still possible to recover data from the unbootable hard drive.
To know furthermore on recovering data from an unbootable drive, let us start with the reasons that lead to hard drive not to boot:
Why won’t my hard drive boot up?
Some of the reasons that cause booting issues in the hard drive are listed below:
- Installing a dual operating system on a single hard drive
- Presence of an excessive number of bad sectors on the disk
- Hardware failure due to faulty RAM
- BIOS corruption due to the improper updating process
- Operating system malfunction
- Damaged partition table
The above-mentioned are some of the reasons that create booting problems on the computer. As a result, you will end up losing access to your important data stored on the hard drive.
Is it possible to recover data from an unbootable hard drive?
Yes, the easiest method to recover data from the unbootable drive is to make use of an efficient recovery tool. Download the SFWare Hard Drive Recovery software now and get back access to your important files and folders present on the drive.
Irrespective of the file types you want to recover, the SFWare hard drive recovery tool helps you in restoring all the data from the unbootable hard drive. Not only unbootable, be it a system crash or corrupt / damaged the SFWare tool helps in recovering data from the drive. The tool works on read only mode, hence the data on the drive is safe from any rewriting.
Another method, a manual method to access unbootable hard drive data is to make use of the secondary drive i.e., an external hard drive. Follow the steps given below carefully and try to access data from the unbootable drive.
How to Access Data from an Unbootable Hard Drive?
Follow the steps mentioned below to recover data easily from the hard drive that won’t boot.
To recover data from unbootable hard drive, all you need is an External Hard Disk Enclosure. They are available in 3.5-inch (standard desktop) or 2.5-inch (Laptop) sizes. Make sure you pick the proper internal interface—IDE/ATA or SATA, based on the type of drive you are using.
Now you just have to follow these steps and you can manually recover files from unbootable hard disk.
- Switch off the computer power, remove the battery and unplug your laptop or computer from the power outlet.
- Locate the hard drive that fails to boot and disconnect the hard drive cables, unscrew it and pull it out of the case.
- Insert the hard drive into an external hard drive case and connect it to a new PC, or insert the drive into another computer which is running in good condition.
- Reboot the new computer from its standard OS on the main drive and then you can try accessing the hard drive data there.
- Finally, copy files and get the data from the hard drive that won’t boot to a new storage device.
Sometimes, hard drive couldn’t boot up sue to damage in the partition table. If you are finding trouble regarding a partition table, click on the given link to fix and recover data from the damaged partition table.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to recover data from the unbootable hard drive. Meanwhile, the process takes much of your time and is a tedious process for the novice user.
You might face a number of difficulties from choosing a proper cable to connect to boot the new computer with the hard drive. in some cases, data may get formatted or deleted due to some unknown reasons, In such scenarios, How to recover formatted or re-formatted data from the drive? How would you recover files from a hard drive that won’t boot?
Recover Data from Hard Drive That Won’t Boot using SFWare
Initially to recover data from the unbootable hard drive, download the SFWare Hard Drive Recovery tool on your system and launch it. Connect the hard drive that won’t boot to the new computer.
1. From the main screen, select – Drive/Partition Recovery option
2. Choose the hard drive that won’t boot from the list and select “Next” to initiate the scanning process
3. The software starts scanning the unbootable hard drive. Scanning and recovering files from an unbootable hard drive is time-based and depends on the amount of the data or partitions to be recovered from the hard drive
4. Once it is completed you can see your recovered files from unbootable hard drive on the screen
5. To make sure whether the files are recovered properly or not, double click on the recovered files to preview
If you’re happy and willing to save recovered results, then get the license activated and get access to the Save button.
What to Do When Windows Won’t Boot?
Here are a few steps to follow when Windows refuses boot:
1. Verify if anything has changed on your PC. Check if any new hardware driver is installed, or any new hardware component is connected to your computer. Because, If the hardware driver is buggy and the new hardware is incompatible, you might encounter the Windows won’t boot issues.
2. Check the power supply. Sometimes, issues with the batteries could lead to inability to boot the PC. Check the fuse inside the power supply unit. If you find any problem with the power supply, remove it from your PC, and then remove the metal case to check the fuse.
3. Check for any Windows error. Errors such as operating system not found or appearance of black screen/ blue screen while Windows starting might be a problem.
Why choose SFWare hard drive recovery tool?
- The tool supports recovery of data from corrupt hard drive, formatted or damaged hard drive partitions from any HDD’s, SSD’s, USB and any external storage device.
- Supports recovery of more than 300 file types including documents, images, videos, audio and etc
- With the SFWare tool, the recovery of different file systems like NTFS and FAT file systems is also easy and simple.
- Recovers data from the bad sectored drive. Also, It supports data recovery from SATA, SCSI and IDE interfaces.
- Restores data from all the brands of hard drives like WD, Samsung, SanDisk, Toshiba, Seagate, etc.
- The tool is available for both Windows and Mac computers including the new Catalina OS.
Recovering data from an unbootable hard drive is made simple with the SFWare recovery tool. Irrespective of the reasons leading to hard drive not to boot, you can still recover the files. It is always rewarding to keep the backup of the data to avoid any data loss conditions.