Summary: You might have accidentally deleted your emails from Outlook or lost Outlook emails due to any Outlook errors. If you are wondering if there’s a way to recover deleted emails from Outlook, you are on the right page.
Email communication is a crucial part in any organization. You might send and receive several emails at your work. As these emails keep accumulating every day, it will eventually turn into a huge pile. While deleting these emails in bulk, there are chances that you might have deleted an important email unknowingly.
Fortunately, you can recover deleted emails on your Outlook. To understand where the deleted emails go, and recover the deleted emails, read the complete article.
Where do deleted emails go in Outlook?
When you delete any of the emails from the Outlook, the mails are still present in the Outlook hidden from the users view. You can find the deleted emails either in the deleted items folder or recoverable items folder.
These folders hold your deleted emails from Outlook only for a limited time period. Later, the items present in the folder will automatically get deleted and you will no longer be able to restore your emails using these options.
Can I retrieve deleted emails from Outlook?
Yes, you can easily retrieve your Outlook deleted emails using the simple methods mentioned below.
Deleted Outlook emails are restored using-
- Deleted items folder or Junk email folder
- Recoverable items
- Recover emails from Outlook that are hard deleted (Shift + Delete) or removed from deleted items folder by a user or terms of Outlook.
If you want to de-clutter the inbox and doesn’t want to delete emails at the same time then archiving Outlook emails is an option.
3 Simple Ways to Recover Deleted Outlook Emails
1. Recover from deleted folder or junk folder
The emails you deleted from the inbox are stored in the Outlook deleted folder or junk folder. They are recoverable for 30 days later automatically emails get deleted from the folders.
Not only email messages but also the email folder, contact, calendar item, or task that are removed from the Outlook and moved to the Deleted Items Folder. Here are the steps to restore the deleted emails from Deleted items folder:
- In the left pane, select the Deleted Items folder or the Junk Email folder.
- Deleted Items folder → Select the message you want to restore and right click on it.
- In the next displayed window, select Move option and provide the location to save the email.
By moving an email to that folder that has not been deleted from the Outlook will definitely help you restore the deleted emails.
What if you don’t see the deleted messages you want to recover, they have probably been permanently removed from the Deleted Items folder or Junk Email folder.
Restore from recoverable folder
If you cannot see the emails in the deleted items folder, the very next place to search deleted Outlook emails is the recoverable items folder.You will be able find the Recoverable folder option only if you are using the Outlook Exchange or Office 365.
- Go to your Office 365 account → Open the mail app or directly open Outlook profile
- Next, on the left pane, select Deleted Items folder → Right-click on the folder → Select the Recover deleted items option.
- In the next window, select an email you want to recover → right-click on it → click Restore
- To select individual messages input Ctrl + Click and Shift + Click to select everything between two clicks.
In case you are unable to recover deleted emails from either deleted or junk folders or Recoverable Items, there can be chances that these emails are permanently deleted.
How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook?
Using SFWare Outlook PST Repair tool, you can recover permanently deleted emails from your Outlook account. The tool will not only recover deleted Outlook emails but also repairs and get back other Outlook attributes like contacts. notes, reminders etc.
Download the SFWare PST Repair tool for free now .
Download and install SFWare PST Repair Tool on your computer. Following the below mentioned steps post launching the application.
Step 1: The main screen will provide you with three options
- Open PST file: Use when you know the location of the PST file
- Find PST file: Use when you are not aware of the location of the PST file
- Select Outlook Profile: Use this option to find the PST file for a particular profile (When you have multiple Outlook profiles)
Step 2: If you select Open PST file, you will be taken to a screen which will allow you to browse the PST file.
Step 3: Once the PST file is selected, click Normal Scan and select a location to save the repaired PST file. Then click the Repair button
Step 4: Once the file is repaired, you can Preview the PST file along with recovered emails
Step 7: Finally, Save the repaired PST in any desired location
Quick tip to never lose your Outlook email again:
To avoid unnecessary piling up of the emails or to prioritize the emails, Outlook has a unique feature called Focused Inbox built with an advanced machine learning technique.
Focused Inbox analyses your Outlook to understand your priorities and customizes your Outlook inbox based on your interests.
Where do recovered emails go in Outlook?
The emails you choose to recover will be restored to their original folders if you don’t specify the path. If an original folder no longer exists on Outlook, items will be restored in any of the following folders.
- Messages → inbox.
- Calendar items → calendar.
- Contacts → contacts folder.
- Tasks → tasks folder.
Keeping your emails secure plays an important role in your official life. However, the above methods help you to recover deleted emails from Outlook, Office 365. If you fail to restore using the manual methods, you can rely easily on SFWare Outlook PST repair tool. The tool repairs and restores all the items of Outlook without damaging the Outlook files.
If you were successful in recovering the deleted files with the help of an article, do share your thoughts in the comment section below.