Summary: Are you looking to recover your deleted Excel files? Don’t worry. We are here to provide the best solution to recover lost Excel files from Windows 10. In this article, we can help you how to recover deleted Excel sheet in Windows 10. If you want a quick solution, use SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software. You can recover your files in just four clicks. Download the software now.
When you lose any of your essential Excel files from your Windows system, you may want to learn how to restore deleted Excel file on Windows 10, Windows 11, and other previous versions.
Don’t worry, this comprehensive yet simple article will teach you how to find deleted Excel files, restore unsaved Excel files, and recover permanently erased Excel files.
So let’s get right to it and begin the Excel file recovery process without spending any more time.
Microsoft Excel, sometimes known as MS Excel, is a spreadsheet application program that is widely used to store, manage, organize, and analyze data. Since its initial release, the application has grown to become a critical computer application in the workplace around the world.
Assume you were working on a critical Excel spreadsheet when your machine crashed, you experienced an unexpected power outage, you accidentally destroyed some vital sheets, or you unexpectedly quit the application while working on an important worksheet.
Reasons Behind Excel Files Getting Deleted from Windows 10 or 11
There could be several reasons why Excel files get deleted from a Windows 10 or 11 computer.:
Accidental Deletion: Accidental deletion is the most frequent cause of Excel file deletion. When someone unintentionally presses the delete key or uses the shift+delete command, it can happen.
Virus or Malware Attack: An attack by malware or a virus is another factor that causes Excel files to be erased. Excel files can be deleted from the computer by malicious malware that has infected it.
System Errors: Excel files can potentially be erased as a result of system failures such as file system errors, registry mistakes, and driver problems.
Hard Drive Failure: Another reason why Excel files might be erased is hard disc failure. The data on the hard drive becomes inaccessible when it malfunctions.
Methods to Recover Deleted Excel Files from Windows 10 or 11
Follow the below-mentioned methods on how to recover deleted Excel files in Windows 10 from Windows 10 or 11:
- Restore Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using Recycle Bin
- Recover Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using System Restore
- Retrieve Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using the Previous Version
- Recover Lost Excel File from Windows 10 or 11 by using SFWare Deleted File Recovery Tool
Restore Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using Recycle Bin
The Excel file may have been erased from the original folder. Windows would then relocate your Excel file to the Recycle Bin in this scenario. In this situation, data recovery is simple. Follow the instructions below on how to retrieve lost Excel file.
- First, Go to the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop and choose Personalise if the Recycle Bin does not appear. Select Themes > Change Desktop Icons at this point. Select the Recycle Bin icon, then select Apply and OK.
- Check to see if the data or file you require is available.
- To restore the files, perform right-click on the file and select Restore from the menu.
- The Excel files will be returned to the folder where they were originally saved.
Note: Once you have finished this step, you can access the data. When a file is permanently deleted, this action cannot be performed. The Shift-Delete results eliminate data permanently. This guarantees that the data is permanently deleted and that the file is not transferred to the Recycle Bin. In this situation, one of the procedures listed below can be used to restore permanently erased Excel files.
Recover Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using System Restore
Another way to Recover deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 is by using System Restore. It Restores the files back to a point where the Excel sheet was not lost. It Helps bring your data back to your original locations.
- First, Click the “Start” button, then type and pick Control Panel.
- Choose ‘System Protection’ from the left side panel.
- This will open the System Protection window, which contains numerous tabs.
- Go to the ‘System Protection’ tab now.
- Click the ‘System Restore’ button in this tab.
- In the following window, press the ‘Next’ You will now be able to examine various points to which you can restore your system. Choose one in which your files were not lost, then click OK.
Retrieve Deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11 by using the Previous Version
If the file you destroyed is not in the Recycle Bin, or if you need to recover deleted files from an empty Recycle Bin and do not want to utilize third-party software, you can try to recover a previous version of the deleted or lost item by utilizing Windows’ free backup and restore tool. Follow these techniques to recover deleted files without needing specialized software.
In Windows 10/8.1/8:
- First, Open Control Panel.
- From the “File History” menu, choose the “Restore personal files” option.
- To recover the deleted files, click the green “Restore”
In Windows 7:
- Select “Computer” from the “Start” menu, then “Computer,” and then go to the folder that held the file or folder you want to recover.
- When you right-click the folder, choose “Restore previous versions” from the context menu.
- You’ll notice a list of previous versions of the deleted files or folders with varying times and dates. Select the desired version and click “Restore” to recover deleted files.
Recover Lost Excel File from Windows 10 or 11 by using SFWare Deleted File Recovery Tool
SFWare is a dedicated tool to recover deleted Excel files from Windows 10 or 11. Be it any file such as Word, Excel, PDFs, notes, images, videos, or audio files, with SFWare more than 500+ file types can be recovered. The tool uses a unique signature scan algorithm that helps the tool search each sector for the deleted data.
Download and install SFWare Deleted file recovery software on your Windows system.
- Finish the installation and launch the application.
- Pick Deleted File Recovery from the home page.
- Next, choose the drive from which deleted Excel files should be recovered and press the Next button.
- All recoverable files will now be displayed. These files can be viewed in either File Type View or Data View.
- Then, to preview a file, double-click it. Choose the files you require and save them in whatever location you desire.
Tips to Avoid Excel Files Getting Deleted from Windows 10 or 11
To avoid Excel files getting deleted from Windows 10 or 11, here are some tips that can be helpful:
- Backup Your Excel Files: Making backups of crucial Excel files is the best method to avoid data loss. Backups of your files can be created on a regular basis using external hard drives, cloud storage services, or even USB flash drives.
- Use Antivirus Software: Install the most recent antivirus software on your Windows 10 or 11 computer to safeguard it against viruses, malware, and other dangerous software that can corrupt your Excel files.
- Be Careful When Deleting Files: Always double-check your deletions to ensure you are removing the correct file. Also, avoid using the shift+delete command because it permanently deletes files without sending them to the recycle bin.
We hope your query is resolved and this article has helped you to understand the various methods on how to recover lost Excel files from your Windows 10 or 11. However, if you ever encounter any issues related to how to retrieve deleted Excel file from your Windows 10 or 11, use our recommended SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software to solve your issues.