Summary: Wondering how to recover deleted files from C Drive? Don’t worry. We are here to provide the best solution to recover your lost files in C Drive. This revised recovery instruction will teach you how to recover deleted files from C Drive. If you want a quick solution, use SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software. You can recover your files in just simple clicks. Download the software now.
C Drive is the default system drive on Windows PC, where you store your operating system, programs, and personal files. The C Drive is the main partition or drive that contains the Windows operating system and its important system files. It is usually the first drive letter assigned to a hard disk or a solid-state drive (SSD). The C Drive may also have other files and folders, such as your personal documents, pictures, music, videos, etc. Sometimes, you may accidentally or intentionally delete some files from the C Drive, only to realize that you need them later. How can you restore deleted files on C Drive?
Reasons Behind Files Getting Deleted from C Drive
The common reasons behind files getting deleted from C Drive are listed below:
- User Deletion: You may have accidentally removed files from the C Drive, such as programming files, user files, or any other data from your Windows System.
- System Error: Sometimes, system errors can cause files to be deleted unintentionally. This could be due to software bugs, hardware malfunctions, or issues with the operating system.
- Malware or Viruses: Malicious malware is also capable of erasing files from the C disk. As part of their damaging actions, viruses, and malware may erase or corrupt files.
- Disk Cleanup or Maintenance: Users or system tools may be taken disk cleanup or maintenance procedures that mistakenly remove files to free up disk space.
- Corruption or File System Errors: File system failures or corruption can result in file destruction. When the file system isn’t working properly, it may incorrectly interpret valid files as invalid and delete them.
Methods to Recover Deleted Files from C Drive
Some of the below-mentioned methods to recover deleted files from C Drive are listed:
- Restore Deleted Files from C Drive from Recycle Bin
- Recover Deleted Files from C Drive using the Backup and Restore option
- Recover Deleted Files from C Drive using the Previous Version
- Recover Deleted Files from C Drive from Microsoft Windows File Recovery Tool
- Recover Deleted Files from C Drive by using SFWare Deleted File Recovery Tool
Restore Deleted Files from C Drive from Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin is the folder that contains all of your deleted files after they have been removed from their original location. If you unintentionally erased files from the system’s local disk, I recommend looking in the Bin folder.
- Open the Bin folder, which is found on your Windows system’s Desktop or Home Screen.
- Find the files you want to restore using the search bar.
- If you find those files, you must select them, then right-click and select the Restore option from the menu.
Note: If you deleted files with Shift + Delete, the files will not be found in the Bin folder. In that scenario, you can use this article to learn how to restore permanent lost files.
Recover Deleted Files from C Drive using the Backup and Restore option
Microsoft introduced the Backup and Restore capability as part of Windows Vista in late 2006.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7, the primary backup solution was Windows Backup and Restore.
- Enter Control Panel into the Search menu.
- Select Backup and Restore from the System and Security menu (Windows 7).
- Select Backup and Restore, then select Restore My Files.
- The Backup Location must now be selected. Choose the backup containing the deleted C Drive files.
( Before erasing the C Drive files, choose the most recent backup if you have several backups.)
- After selecting Backup, you will be requested to choose the files you wish to restore.
- Once you’ve chosen the Backup and the files to restore, you must choose a location to save the recovered C Drive backup files (do not choose the C Drive as a destination to put the backup files, as this will overwrite the data).
- Select the Restore The file restoration process for C Drive Backup begins.
- When the data-saving procedure is finished. You must validate the recovered C backup files.
Recover Deleted Files from C Drive using the Previous Version
Previous Versions are backup copies of files and folders that Windows stores as part of the Restore Point process. These previous versions of files can be utilized if you mistakenly erased the originals.
- Navigate to the C Drive using File Explorer.
- Choose the folder to which you want to restore an older version.
- Select Show More options from the drop-down menu.
- Select Restore Previous Versions from the menu.
- Your screen will display a list of all accessible folder versions. Choose the right backup and press the Restore
Recover Deleted Files from C Drive from Microsoft Windows File Recovery Tool
For users of Windows 10 and Windows 11, Microsoft has released its own easily accessible data recovery solution called the Microsoft Windows File Recovery tool.
Windows users can recover deleted or lost files from any Windows desktop or laptop using the command line utility.
- On your Windows PC, install the Microsoft Windows File Recovery Tool.
- Run the tool and type the following command
Winfr C: F: /regular /n *.TXT/n *
- To confirm and begin the recovery procedure, type Y.
*.(Mention the extension of the files that you want to recover)/n *
C is the location from where you want to recover files
F is the location where you want to save the recovered files
- The command line file recovery utility will begin scanning the selected drive for drive C data.
- When the C drive recovery process is finished, navigate to the destination folder and look for the recovered files.
Recover Deleted Files from C Drive by using SFWare Deleted File Recovery Tool
If you are looking at how to recover permanently deleted files from C Drive, here is an answer: SFWare Delete File Recovery Software. It is the greatest tool installed with a rapid scan algorithm that helps to track down and recover your lost files from the drive as quickly as possible. You can use the software on any Windows or Mac operating system to retrieve files from the trash.
Step 1: Select Deleted File Recovery option from the Main screen.
Step 2: Select the drive/partition to begin the deleted file recovery process (the program now executes a search algorithm on the selected Drive or Partition to recover the files that were mistakenly deleted) and then click Next.
Step 3: The scanning process will now begin.
Step 4: Following the completion of the scan, you can preview the recovered files in Data View or File Type View.
Step 5: Finally, select the files you want to recover and press the Next button.
Step 6: After the completion of the recovery process, Save the recovered files at any location on your System.
Tips to Avoid Files Getting Deleted from C Drive
Some of the most common tips to avoid files getting deleted from C Drive are listed below:
- Backup Regularly: Always store your important files and data on an external storage device.
- Use Reliable Antivirus Software: Install a trusted antivirus program and keep it updated. This helps to prevent malware or viruses from data loss or deleting files from your system.
- Enable File History or System Restore: To create snapshots of your files and system settings regularly you can enable File History or System Restore.
- Be Cautious with Third-Party Software: Be careful when installing new software, especially from untrusted sources.
We hope your query is resolved and this article has helped you to understand the various methods on how to recover deleted files from local C Drive. However, if you ever encounter any issues related to how to restore deleted files from C Drive, use our recommended SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software to solve your issues.