Summary: If you’re wondering how to restore files from a Windows server, look no further. Then this post is for you; we’ve examined three DIY options for recovering deleted files from a server. If you are seeking a sure method of Recover Deleted Files from Server Windows 10, SFWare Deleted File Recovery software in recovering files from all current or earlier versions of Windows Server, including 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and 2003.
Microsoft’s Windows Server is a brand name for a collection of server operating systems. This server is intended to provide extensive administrative control over data storage, data management, applications, and corporate networks while sharing services with multiple users.
Since the release of Windows Server 2003 in April 2003, Microsoft has marketed Windows Server as a brand. Server versions of Windows were already available before. For example, Windows NT 4.0 was available in both desktop (general purpose) and server versions.
Microsoft Windows Servers are among the most popular and commonly used server operating systems. According to Grand View Research, Microsoft currently controls 55% of the server operating system market, and that number is expected to grow year over year.
Note: All records erased from the force are saved at the server except it’s far overwritten with new information. Therefore, we recommend that you stop using the drive immediately to increase the chances of a successful recover file deleted from the windows server 2003 network share.
Reasons Behind Files Getting Deleted from Windows Server
There can be several reasons why files may get deleted from a Windows Server:
- Human error: Users may unintentionally move files or folders to the incorrect location or remove them without realizing the repercussions.
- Malicious intent: Files or folders may be purposefully deleted by an attacker or an insider with bad intentions in order to harm the organization or hide its trail.
- Hardware or software failures: Files may disappear or become unavailable due to a broken hard drive, a corrupt operating system, or other hardware or software issues.
- Virus or malware infections: Files may be deleted as a result of a virus or malware infection, especially if the software is intended to destroy or corrupt data.
- System updates or upgrades: Files that are no longer needed or that clash with new system requirements may be destroyed during system updates or upgrades.
- File system errors: File system failures can result in files being erased or rendered inaccessible, such as faulty file tables or bad sectors on a hard disc.
Methods to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server
Follow the below-mentioned methods to recover recently deleted files from windows server 2003:
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2012 by using Recycle Bin
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2003 by using Previous Versions
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Server in Windows 10 using Backup Image
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2008 r2 using SFWare Deleted Files Recovery Software
How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2012 by Using Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin option is available on the Windows Server’s desktop just like on a Windows machine. Any deleted file will thus be immediately sent to the Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin is therefore the quickest method for retrieving deleted files on Windows Server.
- First, Open Recycle Bin.
- Click the search box and enter the name of the file you want to recover.
- Then right-click on the file you want to recover and select the “Restore” option from the menu that appears.
- Click “Recover” to go back to the original location and find the recovered files.
If you are unable to locate a lost file or folder in the Windows Recycle Bin by following the steps outlined above, you can recover deleted objects from the server by restoring the deleted files to a previous version.
Note: Are you looking to recover deleted files from Windows 7? Read this article.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2003 by Using Previous Versions
If you enable backup, the files with their prior versions will be saved on a regular basis. As a result, you can utilize this backup to recover files from an earlier version. Here’s how it’s done:
- Navigate to the folder or drive where the lost file was located.
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click on the drive or folder.
- Click the Previous Version tab in the Properties
- Now, from the list of restore points, select the most recent version that was saved.
- Finally, press the Restore option to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server.
Note: If you have a backup of your data, this method will work. If you don’t have a backup, utilize SFWare Deleted File Recovery, a powerful and dependable software for recovering data from Windows servers.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Server in Windows 10 Using Backup Image
As the name implies, the backup image file is a complete copy of all the files and directories, as well as other data, preserved on the Windows Server.
Restoring files and folders from the server’s system backup image is one of the most practical and dependable methods of recovering Windows Server files.
- From the Tools menu, select Windows Server Backup. Click the Local Backup option in the web admin console.
- In the right pane, click the Recover
- If you saved the backup image on the disc linked to this server, choose This server. If you saved the backup to a different drive, you may need to specify the sharing path.
- Choose a Backup Date to ensure that your files are not erased.
- Check Files and folders on the Select Recovery Type
- Then, in the pick Items to Recover stage, expand the server to pick the folder to be restored.
- Then, on the Specify Recovery Options page, select the Original location as usual.
- Check that you’ve selected the correct files on the Confirmation step. Select Recover. Wait for the process to finish. The Recovery Wizard will then be closed.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows Server 2008 r2 Using SFWare Deleted Files Recovery Software
SFWare is a dedicated tool to recover deleted files from a Windows Server. Be it any file such as Word, Excel, PDFs, notes, images, videos, or audio files, with SFWare more than 300+ file types can be recovered. The tool uses a unique signature scan algorithm that helps the tool search each sector for the deleted data. also, SFWare supports the recovery of files from both Operating Systems.
Download and install SFWare Deleted file recovery software on your Windows systems.
- Finish the installation and launch the application.
- Next, Select “Deleted File Recovery” from the main screen.
- Next, choose the drive from which deleted files should be recovered and press the Next button.
- All recoverable files will now be displayed. These files can be viewed in either File Type View or Data View.
- Then, to preview a file, double-click it. Choose the files you require and save them in whatever location you desire.
Tips to Avoid Files Getting Deleted from Windows Server
Here are some tips to avoid files getting deleted from a Windows Server:
- Use Access Controls: Check that your files and folders have appropriate access controls in place. That is, only authorized users should be able to delete files and folders.
- Use Version Control: Use a version control system to track changes made to files. In this way, you can recover accidentally deleted or modified files.
- Use Backup Systems: Set up regular backups of important files and folders. This helps you recover your data in case of accidental deletion or other disaster.
- Use Recycle Bin: Enable Recycle Bin on Windows Server so deleted files are not permanently deleted and you can restore them if needed.
- Regular Maintenance: Perform regular maintenance on the server, including updating software, monitoring system logs, and checking for errors or problems that may affect file integrity.
- Use antivirus software: Install a trusted antivirus program to keep viruses and malware from deleting your files.
We hope your query is resolved and this article has helped you to understand the various methods to recover your deleted files from your Windows Server. However, if you ever encounter any issues related to how to recover deleted files from windows server 2008, use our recommended SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software to solve your issues.