Digital Photos has become a vital part of our daily lives. Photos can be lost or deleted due to numerous reasons and losing it could be upsetting. In this article, you will learn how to recover photos deleted or lost from various devices including computers, cameras, SD cards and phones.
Generally, when photos are lost or deleted, to recover them it becomes important to know the device photos were deleted from. Based on the devices used to capture and store photos, the solutions given below helps you to restore deleted photos.
Photos deleted from various devices
Methods to recover deleted photos
|How to Recover Deleted or Lost Photos from Windows PC?
|Recover photos from Recycle Bin|
|How to Restore Deleted Photos from Mac PC?||Recover photos from Trash|
|If you have permanently deleted photos from Windows and Mac computers, not to worry, with the professional Photo Recovery Software you can perform deleted photo recovery without any hassle.|
|How to Recover Deleted or Lost photos from Android?||Deleted photos recovery from Trash|
|How to Recover Deleted Photos from an iPhone?||Deleted photos recovery from Recently Deleted folder|
|How to Recover Deleted Photos from a Digital Camera/SD card||Camera’s internal memory|
When you delete your photos from Windows computer accidentally or willingly, you can recover it from the Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin is the first place anyone would look into when they want to restore deleted photos from Windows. However, if you have used Shift Delete keys to delete photos, the deleted items surpass the Recycle Bin.
Recover deleted photos from Recycle Bin:
- Navigate to Recycle Bin icon on the desktop, double click and open the Recycle Bin folder
- Find the photos you want to restore. Right click on the photo and Restore
Now, verify if you have restored your deleted files back to their original location of deleted photos.
Keeping backup of your data turns to be rewarding practice when you encounter any data loss situations. Windows OS has a unique feature Backup and Restore that helps you to restore all deleted or lost data from Windows including photos and videos.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar, and open.
- Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> Backup and Restore
- Choose either one of the option-based on your scenario Restore my files or Restore all users’ files
- Now Browse for the deleted or lost files and Next. Select your files and click Restore to recover them.
Now, the application help you recover the photos or files from the latest version backed up before you lost files or photos.
When you delete photos or any files from Mac computers, like Windows, macOS has a Trash Bin to temporarily collect all accidentally deleted data. However, items from Trash will be deleted automatically after a certain time period.
Restore a deleted image, pictures, photos from the Trash
- Open the Trash Bin by double clicking on its icon >> find the photo you want to recover
- Right-click on the item and select Put Back.
Now verify if the photo has been restored to its original location when it was deleted.
macOS has a built-in backup and recovery tool to recover files and data lost from computers.
- Go to the folder where photos were deleted or lost. Open a Finder window.
- Navigate to the Mac’s menu bar >> open Time Machine by clicking on the clock icon
- Time Machine >> find the photos you want to recover >> Restore and recover deleted photos
Clicking pictures and deleting them from the phone has become common nowadays. If you have deleted photos from your phone accidentally, or permanently, here are a few utilities that help you get your deleted or lost photos back on the Android phone. With these methods, you can recover photos from phone easily.
Recover deleted images from Recently deleted or Trash folder
When you delete images or any pictures from android smartphones, the photos are temporarily stored in Recently deleted or Trash folder.
- To get your photos back on android phones, go to Albums and scroll down to the bottom of the screen >> Trash
- Go to Trash >> select the images you want to restore >> Restore
When you click any photo if it is synched with your Google accounts, it automatically gets saved on Google photos. Even if you have deleted it from your device, Google Photos saves it for you. All you need to do is, go to Google Photos and access it based on the year or month, search using the faces of the people or place. Once you find the images, you can save them or download them to the device.
What if you have deleted photos from your Google account as well?
- Go to Google Photos >> scroll down to the bottom >> Library >> Bin
Note: The photos deleted from Google Photos appear in the bin for only 60 days. After that it automatically clears the data.
Retrieve pictures from Microsoft OneDrive
The Microsoft OneDrive enables you to retrieve lost or deleted photos from your phone. However, to recover pictures from OneDrive, you need to login to the account and create timely backup
- Login to OneDrive and launch the app on your Android device.
- Select your account Me at the bottom of the screen >> Select the Recycle Bin
- Select the photos you would like to recover and click on Restore
If you have deleted your photos from your iPhone, you can easily restore it by using a Recently Deleted folder.
To recover photos from iPhone
- Open Photos (gallery) >> My albums >> scroll down to the bottom of the screen
- Recently Deleted folder >> select the photos you want to retrieve >> Restore
To retrieve pictures from iCloud Backup, you need to enable the iCloud backup setting. Only after that you will be able to save files, pictures, photos on iCloud.
- To access iCloud Backup, go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Now, you will find 2 options, Erase All Content and Settings >> confirm the reset all settings
- Once the iPhone restarts, sign in with your Apple ID
- Follow the setup screens and opt to Restore from iCloud Backup
To recover lost or deleted photos on your iPhone, you can connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes backup using these steps. However, to make use of this, you should have enabled it earlier.
- Click the iPhone device icon when it appears >> Choose Restore from backup
- Choose the backup that contains the deleted or lost photos in the latest backup versions.
Now a days capturing photos on digital camera has become normal. Most of the travelers who experience once in a lifetime moments capture them in the camera. Losing those magical experience is not less than any painful situation. However, here is the good news! You can recover lost or deleted photos from Digital camera/ SD card as well.
If you have lost or deleted photos from the camera’s internal memory, all you need to do is, you can navigate to Connecting Settings and change USB Connection Mode to Disk or USB Mass Storage. Now you can connect your camera’s drive to the computer and this will enable the computer to mount your camera’s internal memory as a drive.
Using a professional Data recovery software, you can now recover deleted photos from the SD card (camera).
Using professional photo recovery software you can recover lost photos from Nikon, Canon DSLR cameras without any hassle.
To recover deleted or lost photos from any device, all you need to do is connect your drive to the computer. Download and install SFWare Photo Recovery Software and launch the application.
- Select Recover Photos from the main option and based on the scenarios you are looking for recovery of photos, select Deleted Photo Recovery or Lost Photo Recovery
- Choose the drive, from which you need to recover deleted photos.
- Now, the scanning process initiates. Once the scan completes, you will be able to see all the recoverable files. Select the files you want to restore and Next
After the recovery process completes, you will be asked to save the recovered deleted photos on the desired location. Choose a different location than the original to avoid any rewrite process on the drive.
With all the above-mentioned methods, you will be able to restore deleted pictures, images from any device. Also, it is always rewarding to keep backup of your data to avoid any data loss conditions. However, with the help of Photo recovery software, you can get back your photos without losing time any further.
Frequently asked question
Can deleted photos be recovered?
Yes, you can recover photos deleted from any device because, be it files or photos once deleted from drive, only the address to the particular file will be removed. With the help of right data recovery software, you can restore files deleted or lost from the devices. However, make sure to stop using the device when you encounter data loss. Using the drive may hinder the deleted photo recovery process and could make it tough.
How to retrieve permanently deleted photos?
If you have used Shift Delete keys or permanently deleted photos from any device, you can make use of backup and restore. If you have not enabled the setting to recover from backup, you can try to recover photos deleted from camera, phone, iPhone SD card using SFWare Data recovery tool.