Summary: Are you wondering how to recover files from a raw sd card? Don’t worry, we are here to give you the best solution to fix your raw files from your SD card. In this article, we can help you how to recover raw files from SD Card? If you are looking for a quick solution, use our recommended SFWare SD Data Recovery Software.
A memory card that is unformatted, unpartitioned, and without a file system initialization is referred to as a raw SD card. In essence, it is a blank state that has the capacity to store data but has not yet been configured for usage. Electronic gadgets like cameras, cell phones, and tablets frequently use raw SD cards to store images, videos, and other kinds of digital material.
The operating system may evoke users to format the raw SD card before use when it is first placed into a device. The process of formatting involves constructing a partition table that specifies how data will be stored on the card and initializing the device with a file system. The SD card can be used to store files after being formatted, and the operating system can access the data there as well.
The data on a raw SD card will be completely deleted if the card is formatted. Thus before formatting the card, it is advised to back up any crucial data. It is crucial to carefully examine the repercussions before formatting a card because doing so may also prevent you from recovering any lost data from a raw SD card.
Reasons Behind SD Card Becomes RAW
Common reasons behind your SD card becoming raw are listed below:
- Improper usage: Due to improper startup or shutdown, or hardware failures your SD card can become corrupt or RAW.
- Malware or Virus Attack: The SD card is completely corrupt due to viruses, malware, or hardware issues.
- Device Compatibility: The SD card is not compatible with the computer are you working on.
- Failed Formatting: The Formatting of the SD card in your file system is not done properly. This happens because of improper formatting.
- File system corruption: If the file system on the SD card becomes corrupted, the SD card will become RAW. This can occur as a result of an improper ejection, virus/malware infections, or a power outage while accessing the SD card.
- Physical damage: The SD card may become unreadable or suffer from data corruption if it is physically harmed or exposed to harsh elements like heat, dampness, or magnetic fields.
Methods to Recover Deleted Raw Files from SD Card?
Following are the simple methods to recover files from corrupted SD card raw:
- Repair Files from RAW SD Card using CMD
- Recover Raw Files from SD Card using Error Checking Tool
- Recover Data from RAW SD Card by Formatting
- Fix RAW SD Card Using DiskPart
- Recover Files from Raw SD Card by using SFWare SD Data Recovery Software
● Repair Files from RAW SD Card using CMD
One of the most common fixes for repairing a RAW SD card is to use CMD. When you implement it, you must be cautious and use it correctly on your SD card. To repair your RAW SD Card using CMD, follow the steps listed below.
- First, attach the RAW SD card to the computer.
- Then, type CMD in the Windows Search Bar
- Now, Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Now, enter the command chkdsk H: /f /r, where H indicates the RAW SD card to be repaired.
Note: This will begin the process of repairing your RAW SD card and will help you get access to your SD card. However, if the above-mentioned method fails to fix the RAW SD card then you can follow the next method.
● Recover Raw Files from SD Card using Error Checking Tool
The easiest way to fix any errors in RAW SD Card is by error checking tool. It is a built-in feature in Windows it can fix errors with any external drives that we connect to our computer. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix RAW SD Card using the Error-checking tool:
- Attach the RAW SD Card to your computer
- Next, right-click on the drive where your SD Card is located and go to
- Now you will find sections and then Click on Tools, under tools you will see a button called Check click on it.
- Then select Scan and Repair Drive and this will start repairing the RAW SD card.
Note: If the above-mentioned method fails you to fix your RAW SD card then you have to try the manual method where you have to format the SD card into the desired file system.
● Recover Data from RAW SD Card by Formatting
If you’ve tried and failed to repair your SD card using the methods listed above, this is your last resort. As previously stated, formatting will erase all data from your RAW SD card; proceed if you have previously recovered data from the RAW SD card using SFWare Deleted File Recovery Tool.
- Go to This PC, and right-click on a USB drive.
- Click on the format and select the desired file system and click OK.
Note: Because your SD card has become RAW, you may encounter the error SD card won’t format. You may find out more about it by following the link provided.
● Fix RAW SD Card Using DiskPart
Here are the below-mentioned steps to fix your RAW SD card using Diskpart:
- First, Attach your SD card to the computer.
- Now type Command Prompt in the search bar and select Run as Administrator.
- Next, in the command prompt Windows type disk part and hit Enter.
- Then, Type list disk and hit Enter.
- Finally, type Disk X format fs=FAT32 (where X is the SD card drive letter, replace X with your SD card drive letter).
● Recover Files from Raw SD Card by using SFWare SD Data Recovery Software
SFWare SD card Data Recovery Software is built with a unique search algorithm, that can perform deep scanning on any SD Card to securely restore lost files from it. This tool can recover more than 500 file formats, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, images, videos, audio, etc.
Moreover, this tool supports various SD card brands such as SanDisk, Kingston, Samsung, and more. Download this too for free now and perform hassle-free SD card recovery.
- Install the tool and connect your Raw SD card to your computer using a suitable card reader.
- Launch the tool and from the main screen, Select the Deleted File Recovery option.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see all the available drives including the SD card drive. Choose the drive that represents your SD card and click on the Next
- After the scanning procedure is completed, you will be able to see the recoverable files in Data View or File Type View.
- You will be able to see the recoverable files in Data View or File Type View.
- After completion of the recovery process, preview the recovered files and Save them in any location of your choice.
How to Prevent a RAW SD Card?
Due to improper operations, corruption, and virus infections, your SD card can turn raw. The following tips will help you to avoid this problem:
- Avoid uninterrupted operations by suddenly removing the SD card while transferring files. Always wait for the process to complete and then eject safely.
- Always purchase well-branded SD cards to avoid corruption.
- Always keep a backup of your SD card files or data to other external storage devices before formatting.
- Use trusted Antivirus Software to protect against malware attacks on your pc.
We hope that your query is resolved by using the following methods how to recover deleted raw files from SD card? Use our recommended SFWare SD Data Recovery for a complete solution on how do I recover files from a raw sd card safely.