Losing photos from SD card is always disheartening as they hold your favorite memories. If you happen to delete the photos or lost it accidentally and wondering how to recover deleted photos from SD card, the following information will prove you beneficial in recovering your old memories.
Today, almost every camera uses SD cards or micro SD’s to store photos. They are also widely used across various devices such as mobile phones to either extend the memory or to be used as an auxiliary storage device. Since SD cards hold all your precious photos and memories, losing them can be excruciating. Photos from SD cards can go missing for two major reasons:
- When you have unknowingly deleted the photos from the SD card
- When the SD card is corrupted and you need to format the drive to get back the healthy SD card.
If you are wondering whether it’s possible to recover deleted photos from an SD card? Carefully follow the next section to learn more.
Can I Recover Photos From an SD Card?
It is possible to recover deleted or formatted photos from the SD card. If you are wondering how, whenever you delete files from the SD card, they will not be permanently deleted. They just become inaccessible by the operating system before getting overwritten by new data. Therefore, it is always recommended not to use or partition the drive unless you recover data from it.
Many of you would have a question on how to recover deleted photos from SD cards without software? The answer is no, you cannot restore photos from an SD card without a SD card recovery tool unless you have backup.
In case you have a backup on Cloud or hard drive, it becomes easier to recover from there. Nevertheless, whenever you take new photos, it is always advisable to create a backup.
Bonus Tip: You can use Google Drive, iTunes, iCloud, external/ internal hard drive or any other suitable backup option for your SD card.
With SFWare SD card recovery software you can easily recover deleted or lost photos from SD card including DSLR camera. Deep scan algorithm of the tool helps you to recover most of the image formats like JPEG, PNG, JPG, RAW and etc. You can easily recover deleted photos from SDXC, SDHC, SD, MicroSD, Memory Stick, xD-Picture, Compact Flash.
How Can I Recover Pictures, Photos from SD Card?
Download and install the SFWare SD Card Recovery Software on your computer. Launch the application.
Note: You can follow the same procedure to recover photos from camera SD card.
- From the main screen Recover Files and Recover Formatted /Corrupt, select the suitable option.
- Next, select the disk or the partition from where you want to recover the file, and then click on Next to start the recovery process.
- Once the recovery process completes, you will be displayed recovered files in File Type View or Data View.
- Preview the recovered photos from the SD card and save them in the desired location.If you have lost photos from the SD card due to corruption, perform deleted photo recovery from SD card and then repair your corrupt SD card.
A Few Beneficial Tips to Avoid Losing pictures, images from SD Cards
- Avoid removal of SD card from device while in use.
- Avoid using the same SD card on multiple devices.
- Stop using SD cards when the storage is nearly full.
- Scan your SD card for virus.
- Keep multiple backup of your photos.
If you are encountering errors while using SD card, click on the link to fix SD card errors.
SD card or memory card is a widely used storage device across many platforms. Due to its applications and usage in various devices, SD cards can encounter a lot of errors. Recovering photos from an SD card is made easy with SF ware Photo recovery software.