Summary: MP4 has become a widely used video format in modern times. However, as with any popular technology, issues can arise over time. One common problem users encounter is the absence of sound in MP4 videos. While this issue may initially seem challenging, we are here to provide you with a comprehensive guide to easily resolve MP4 sound issues. With our step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to restore sound to your MP4 videos in no time.
- What are the reasons for MP4 video no sound?
- Can I fix the MP4 file with no sound issue?
- Methods to repair MP4 no sound issue
- Prerequisite checks
- Method 1: Update the audio drivers
- Method 2: Download and install the necessary codecs
- Method 3: Convert MP4 files to different formats
- Method 4: Repair the MP4 with a professional repair tool
- Steps to repair using the SFWare Video Repair tool
- Tips to avoid MP4 file corruption
What are the Reasons for MP4 Video No Sound?
The first step in troubleshooting is to understand what causes the problems. The MP4 no sound issue can have a lot of reasons; here we provide the most common ones below,
- Audio settings issues.
- Corrupt or outdated audio codec.
- Issues with media players.
- Out-of-date audio drivers.
- Corruption in the file.
Can I Fix MP4 File with No Sound Issue?
Once you understand the root cause of an issue, the next question that arises is whether it can be fixed. In the case of an MP4 video with no sound, the answer is a resounding “Yes.” With the necessary knowledge and guidance, any issue can be resolved. Therefore, there’s no need to panic if you encounter this problem. We are here to provide the knowledge and solutions to help you fix the MP4 video’s sound issue effectively.
Methods to Repair MP4 No Sound Issue
Now we are going to investigate some of the common solutions we have found and evaluated for the issue of MP4 no sound, if you go through this guide, you will learn and repair MP4 files with no sound.
Prerequisite Checks to Repair MP4 No Sound Issues
Most of the time you have no sound in MP4 due to simple issues such as you have muted the player or system. So, before you go ahead you need to check the below list,
- Audio settings: Check whether the system is muted or not. If so, then turn on the volume.
- Audio component missing: Sometimes you may have downloaded a file with no audio component. You need to download the file with the audio component to fix it.
- Media player compatibility: Some media players may not support the audio encryption You try different media players to play the MP4 files.
Once you have gone through these prerequisite measures, if you still do not resolve the issue, we have gone into some common solutions.
Method 1: Update the Audio Drivers
Audio drivers serve as a crucial link between operating systems and audio devices, enabling the conversion of digital audio data into analog signals. However, when these drivers become outdated, communication between the system and audio devices can be disrupted. You can follow the simplified steps below to resolve this issue to update your audio drivers.
- Type Device Manager in the search bar and click on Open.
- In the Device Manager window, find and expand the Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Select the audio driver, right-click it, and select Update Drivers.
- In the Update Drivers window, click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the system.
Method 2: Download and Install the Necessary Codecs
Codecs play a crucial role in the encoding and decoding process of audio and video files. Specifically, an audio codec focuses on the audio component of the file. However, when these codecs are missing or corrupted, it can lead to playback issues. To resolve this problem, the recommended solution is to download and install the required codecs to enable proper playback of MP4 audio. Common codecs used by MP4 files include MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3) and AAC (Advanced Audio Coding). Additionally, you have the option to download codec packs like K-lite codec pack or combined community codec pack to ensure comprehensive codec coverage.
Method 3: Convert MP4 Files to Different Formats
Converting a file to another format sometimes helps because the new file constructs the file and repairs the issues. You can convert an MP4 file using a conversion tool or use a VLC media player to convert the file. Below you can find steps to use a VLC media player to convert the file,
- Open VLC Media Player and click on Media in the top left corner.
- Select Convert/Save from the dropdown list for the Media
- In the Open Media window, click on the File tab, then click on Add.
- Select the file from the window show up and click on Open.
- Now click on the Convert/Save
- In the Convert window, select the Profile and provide the Destination file path.
- Now click on the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
Method 4: Repair the MP4 with a Professional Repair Tool
If other repair methods failed or you need a professional repair tool, then we recommend you check out the SFWare Video Repair tool. This was developed to deal with many issues occurring on different video formats.
Steps to repair using the SFWare Video Repair tool
Download and install the SFWare Video Repair tool in the system and follow the instructions below,
Step 1: Launch the software and click on Select File to choose the file to repair.
Step 2: Once selected click on Open, now click on Choose Reference MOV file.
Step 3: Select a healthy file and click on Open again.
Step 4: On the screen, you can click on the Repair button.
Note: The process may take time to complete, please wait until then and you can preview the file to verify the success.
Step 5: If you are satisfied with the result then you can complete the process by saving the repaired files.
Tips to Avoid MP4 File Corruption
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure, so we need to look at some of the tips to prevent corruption in an MP4 file, so you may never encounter issues like no sound ever again.
- Ensure a stable connection for downloading or transferring files.
- Use a reliable source to download the file.
- Avoid abrupt shutdown of the system or player.
- Always use safe ejection to remove connected storage devices.
- Back up your file regularly.
In conclusion, we have explored the issue of MP4 files having no sound and provided solutions to address this problem. By understanding the underlying causes and implementing the common troubleshooting methods discussed, you can effectively repair MP4 files with no sound. Additionally, we have shared tips to help you prevent MP4 file corruption in the future. We encourage you to try these methods and share your experiences with us. Remember, we are here to assist you throughout the process.