Checksum errors in RAR files are one of the most annoying errors as it preserves the content extracted from the compressed folder. Don’t worry about stuck files! This article brings you the easiest and free solution to fix WinRAR checksum error .
WinRAR Checksum error RAR archive is corrupted appears on the screen when a file or file header or some bytes related information is missing in the file .
Listed below are some of the common reasons that lead to RAR file corruption and cause checksum errors in RAR files:
Reasons Behind Checksum Errors in WinRAR Files
- One of the common errors can be interruptions caused during RAR file downloading.
- Bad sectors on a drive can also cause file corruption and cause checksum errors.
- Other reasons like virus intrusion and extracting files from unreliable tools can also lead to checksum errors in WinRAR files.
How to fix checksum errors in WinRAR?
WinRAR checksum error can be solved by 2 different methods.
Method 1: Verify the “Keep corrupt files” checkbox
Method 2: Repair Archive Using WinRAR
To fix checksum errors in WinRAR files, follow the instructions below and verify that the errors are not present at the end of the process.
Verify the Keep corrupted files checkbox
Keep corrupted files is an option on WinRAR application for extracting files. The benefit of ticking this option is that it ignores corruption in files and helps you extract content from zip folders. Follow the given steps below to extract the files without error message.
- First, right-click on the Zip or RAR archive
- Select Extract Files from the options
- The tickmark Keep Broken Files is located on the Miscellaneous tab
- Please click Ok when selecting the destination to extract to
NOTE : The file will be extracted to the target location, but still shows the same ” Checksum error ” . Ignore the error and open the file. You will see the files successfully decompressed .
This method works well if you focus on a single file corruption. If there are multiple header corruptions on the RAR file, this method may fail to open the file.
In this case, the entire archive needs to be repaired. You can fix corruption in RAR file using built-in tool or any trustworthy repair tool .
Repair corrupt RAR files to fix checksum errors
To fix checksum errors in WinRAR files, first, you need to download and install WinRAR on your computer. WinRar has built-in options that help you fix checksum errors and repair corrupted files. Follow the steps below to restore the archive.
- Right click on corrupted RAR or ZIP file
- Select Open with WinRAR from the menu
- When WinRAR opens, click Tools menu -> Repair archive .
- Select the destination location where the repaired RAR or ZIP file must be saved by clicking on Browse
- Leave the Archive Type unchanged and click OK .
- After the repair process of the archive, click on Close
Note : The built-in repair process helps you fix only minor corruptions in your files. This method will not be effective if the file is severely corrupted or corrupted and there are bad sectors on the drive .
Also, it acts directly on the original file, which may increase file corruption. To fix any errors and repair complete RAR file, all you need is a professional RAR file repair tool .
SFWare RAR File Repair tool is the best software to fix WinRAR checksum errors. Another benefit of using this tool is that it does not alter the original content of the file and can work on copies of the file. This tool also helps you extract encrypted RAR files easily. Try the software for free checksum errors in WinRAR files
To fix WinRAR checksum error or CRC error, download and install SFWare Repair RAR file software. Launch the application and follow the steps mentioned below.
- From the main screen, use the Browse option to select the error that caused the file to be corrupted or corrupted
- Click Repair to extract corrupted RAR file
- Software initializes scanning process to repair corrupt RAR files
- After the scan is complete, you will be able to see the repaired RAR file on the screen.
- Select destination to save fixed WinRAR file and click on Save option
Now you can extract the RAR file and open it without any errors. If you are having trouble extracting large .rar files , you can use SFWare tool to repair and extract large RAR files.
With the help of the methods above, you will be able to fix checksum errors in WinRAR files. You can prevent checksum errors in RAR files by using trusted antivirus software and providing enough space for the downloaded RAR file.
If you were able to resolve WinRAR checksum error with the help of this article, please share your thoughts in the comment section below.