Compact Flash Card Corrupted How to Recover?
“Hi, my CF card, which has the only copy of the files from a weekend shoot got out of the blue during the first backup process. I was backing up data from the compact flash card, it copied a few files, and then stopped suddenly. So, I ejected the card and reinserted. But, my OSX says the media can't be read, CF Card Corrupted and Unreadable. The card doesn't even get recognized in my camera. What can I do? I lost access to important files present on that CF card. I didn’t even have a backup as this disaster has happened during the backup process. So, please guide me.”
What do you think if you can find the best solution to make your corrupted Compact Flash card function normally without affecting not even a single bit of data stored on it?
Yes, you just need to follow the two procedures to accomplish this task. First, recover files from the corrupted and unreadable CF card. Next, repair the error “CF card corrupted and unreadable”.
And, here is listed the both techniques to guide you in resolving CF card corrupted and unreadable issue.
How to Recover Corrupted Compact Flash Card Files?
- Install SFWare Digital Media Recovery software on your computer
- Connect the corrupted CF card via USB and launch the tool
- Click on Recover Photos option present on the main screen
- Next, opt Lost Photo Recovery
- Select the CF card from the shown list and hit Next button
- You will get a list of recovered files, Preview them and Save on system drive
How to Fix CF Card Corrupted and Unreadable Error?
Now, in order to solve the error- CF Card Corrupted and Unreadable, format the card using Disk Utility, if you are a Mac user else via CMD. Visit this page if you are unable to format the SD card.
Steps to format CF card in Disk Utility:
- Double-click on Macintosh HD and select Applications
- Open Utilities and launch Disk Utilities
- Select your CF card from the list (left side)
- Click on Erase and choose MS Dos File System (Fat16) as Volume format
- Hit Erase and complete the format process
Procedure to full format the CF card using CMD:
- Note down the drive letter of your CF card
- Hold Windows and R keys together, type cmd and press enter
- In command prompt window, type format X/P (X is your CF card’ drive letter)
- And, hit Enter key
Why SFWare Card Recovery to Recover corrupted CF Card?
The tool works in read-only mode, so no damage is made to your files present on the corrupted compact flash card. It can deep scan the unreadable CF memory card and efficiently retrieves files stored on it. Its intuitive user interface brings users into the comfort zone to carry out the CF card data recovery process by their own. It offers a preview option so that you can have a glance on all the recovered media files and mark your required files before saving. Fitted with powerful algorithms, it is enough potent to retrieve digital RAW images created using DCR of various DSLR camera’s, processed images, several video file formats and any other files. The tool works effectively on all editions of Windows computer and, OS X compatible version is also available.
You don’t have to be panic in case, you have formatted the card before fixing CF card corrupted and readable error since, the software can even recover photos from formatted CF card. Not just photos, but any file stored on a formatted compact flash card.
How to avoid CF card corruption issue?
- Never eject the card or turn off camera when the CF card is in use
- Avoid using the same CF card on several devices
- Instead of erasing single files to empty the card, make a habit of formatting it at once