How to Fix the Issue “Memory Card Showing Invalid File System”
When memory card shows invalid file system as raw, it is not possible to access any data stored on that card. Well, there might be various reasons due to which your memory card shows as the invalid file system. One of the most common causes may be due to the corruption of memory card, can be due to virus infection, or improper handling of the card, and many more.
So, in order to repair the error memory card showing invalid file system, fix raw memory card using command prompt or change the file system of the card, or format the memory card. But first, it is suggested to recover data from raw memory card, and to do this, use SFWare Card Recovery Software that can be easily installed on any versions of Windows and Mac operating systems.
Recover data from memory card showing invalid file system or raw file system
When your SD memory card or other removable hard disk turns to invalid raw file system from FAT or NTFS, try to rescue data at first. All you need is to download a piece of free raw SD card recovery software. It's the easiest and quickest way to recover data from raw memory card.
- Install SFWare Card Recovery Software on your computer
- Connect the memory card via USB and launch the tool
- From the main screen, choose "Lost Photo Recovery" option
- Select the card from the shown list and hit Next button
- You will get a list of recoverable files, preview them and save on system drive
SFWare - Your Safe & Reliable Card Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from memory card effectively, safely and completely
- Supports data recovery from Recycle Bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera and camcorders
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations
Solutions for fixing memory card showing invalid file system
Solution #1: Convert raw to FAT32, NTFS or other file system
- Right-click on the memory card and select "Format" in File Explorer
- Choose the desired file system from options including FAT, FAT32, NTFS and exFAT
- Leave the allocation unit size as it is and uncheck "Quick format"
- Click "Format" and let the formatting process finish
Solution #2: Repair raw SD card using cmd
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously and open cmd. Click OK
- Type the command: format f: /fs:fat32 (f should be replaced by the right drive letter of your memory card)
- Hit Enter to format and repair raw memory card
Solution #3: Format the Memory Card
- Connect your memory card to your computer
- Click the "Properties" option after right-clicking on the drive of the memory card
- Leave the option of "quick format" unchecked and initiate the formatting process by pressing the ‘Start’ button
- Format the memory card by clicking the "Format" button
The error message memory card shows invalid file system is a common error generated by the system when it is hooked up with a corrupted memory card. There are other errors like can’t format SD card, SD card can’t be formatted, etc., which can be easily resolved and data can be recovered with the help of SFWare Card Recovery Toolkit.