SD Card won’t Mount
You are unable to mount your SD card. Every attempt to fix it went in vain. Rebooting the phone, ejecting the SD card, and then inserting it into the phone is of no help either. Connecting the memory card to laptop also doesn’t help as the card is not being read. Well, this is happening because the SD card cannot be recognized by the device.
Immediately, you might conclude that the SD card is damaged. But the problem could be with the hardware too. So check:
- If the USB cable is broken
- If the USB port is in properly working
- If the card slot is damaged
If all of these are working fine, then the SD card could be at fault. May be the card is corrupted. Whatever the reason, you would be worried about files stored in the SD card. Don’t worry, here are a few fixes you can try out.
Fix 1: CHKDSK
- Connect SD card to the computer
- Bring up the Command Prompt window, and type the following
Chkdsk F: /r (replace F with the drive letter of your SD card)
- Any error associated with the SD card will be checked and fixed
Fix 2: Disk Management Utility
- Connect SD card to your system
- Open Disk Management utility and locate the SD memory card
- Right click on the card, select Format. Suppose you want to assign a new drive letter, then select Change drive letters and paths and assign a new drive letter to the SD card.
Fix 3: Mount SD card
- Go to Settings menu in your Smartphone
- Click on Storage option, then Format SD card – Mount SD card
In all these fixes, although the issue may get fixed, but the files present in the SD card gets erased. This is because of formatting the card. If you haven’t backed up important files present in the card, then after format, you lose all the files. Don’t worry, you can still restore files from SD card. With the help of SFWare Card Recovery software, you can get back files from the card with ease.
Recover SD Card Data after it Fails to Mount:
SFWare Card Recovery software comes with advanced scanning algorithms that scan the SD card thoroughly to get back erased files. After formatting SD card which fails to mount, you can restore data from it in few steps. The tool recovers data not only from unmountable SD card, but also helps to recover data from memory card showing invalid file system, from RAW, inaccessible, corrupted, or damaged SD card.
Steps to Retrieve Data from SD Card not Mounting:
- Download and install SFWare Card Recovery software on your computer
- Connect the SD card to the system, and launch the tool
- From the main screen, choose "Lost Photo Recovery" option
- Select the SD card from the shown list of drives, and hit “Next” button
- After scanning is completed, preview the recovered files and save them