SD Card Keeps Deleting the File by Itself - How to Recover Files?
One of the most common issues with SD cards is data loss. The files on your card may even get deleted automatically in some cases. The most common reason is corruption which is due to interruptions during a data transfer. Other reasons are virus attacks, Nomedia files or various other reasons.
In order to troubleshoot this error, you can try the following steps.
1. Run CHKDSK
- Remove the SD card and connect it to your system using a card reader
- Press Windows + X and select Control Panel (Administrator).
- In the Command prompt, type CHKDSK /F
This will scan issues with files/file structure and if any issues are found, it will be repaired. Then check if your SD card functions properly.
2. Format your card
If running CHKDSK doesn’t solve the problem, backup data and format your card.
How to recover deleted files from SD card?
You will need professional data recovery tools to recover data from SD cards. SF Ware is a great tool to recover automatically deleted files from SD cards. It can be used in most situations like SD card corruption or inaccessibility.
SD card not mounting is again a common issue. SF Ware can also be used in such cases.
How SF Ware Photo Recovery tool works?
The software is equipped with powerful scanning algorithms to recover data. The tool works on a read only mechanism, so the original data is absolutely safe. The software can perform recovery of all media files such as photos, audio and video etc. It supports a wide variety of formats of all media files.
- Audio formats supported - MP3, MP4, etc.
- Video file formats - AVI, MP4, MOV etc. and
- Photo file formats - JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- RAW images captured on professional DSLR cameras.
In addition to recovering files from SD cards, the software can also be used to recover data from USB’s, internal and external hard drives and other storage devices.
Step by step guide to recover data from SD card that keeps deleting files by itself:
In order to restore data from SD card that keeps deleting files by itself, download and install SFWare Card Recovery Software on Windows computer first and follow below guidelines:
- Attach SD card to the computer where the software has been installed
- Run the program and choose “Lost Photo Recovery” option from the welcome screen
- Then, select the drive representing SD card from the list of available drives
- The software starts scanning the drive and after sometime it displays recovered files
- Preview the files and save them on the desired location after buying the licensed key of the product