How to Retrieve Adobe Illustrator Lost Files on Windows 10
If you have lost any of your important Adobe illustrator files on Windows 10 due to some reasons, don’t worry! Just follow these methods and recover lost AI files with ease now.
A Case Scenario:
I was using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 on my PC to edit a graphic and suddenly the program stopped working. I got the message that ‘Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 has stopped working’ and I could do nothing on the program. Then I tried to close Adobe Illustrator. Then the problem came out. I couldn’t launch Illustrator anymore on my PC. And I lost the graphic which was editing on AI when it crashed. So I want to know whether I can restore the lost file?"
Adobe Illustrator crashes on Windows 10 and you lost your AI files! What next? How to retrieve those lost AI files back?
Have you ever met with such a problem that Adobe Illustrator suddenly crashed without any signals? If you have lost any AI files, then you have two options to restore them back. You can selectively follow either way for Adobe Illustrator lost file recovery.
Method #1: Fix crashed Adobe Illustrator and recover lost AI files
Here are some detail steps that you may need to follow to repair crashed Adobe Illustrator:
- Restart PC and relaunch Adobe Illustrator CC app on Windows 10
- Check and update Adobe Illustrator CC to the latest version
- Click on Run Diagnostics > Select to launch Illustrator in Safe Mode > Click on each item in the list that cause AI crash error (such as corrupted fonts, plug-ins or out -of -date drivers etc.)
- Check the troubleshooting tips for each item and follow tips to correct problems
- Select Enabled when Illustrator is relaunched when all problems have been fixed > Click Enable on Relaunch
When all problems have been fixed in Adobe Illustrator, Illustrator will launch in Normal Mode again with all the lost AI files!
Method #2: Restore lost Adobe Illustrator files with Adobe file recovery software
If you have lost AI files in your PC, don’t worry. You may directly restore lost Adobe Illustrator files from Windows PC within few simple steps by using professional Adobe file recovery software – SFWare Deleted File Recovery.
This software allows you to thoroughly scan and find all AI files in Windows with its advanced scanning algorithms. If you prefer a simple way to find lost Adobe Illustrator files, just download SFWare Deleted File Recovery Application and follow below steps to get lost AI files back now:
- Download, install and then run SFWare Deleted File Recovery Application
- Select "Lost File Recovery" option from the very first screen to restore your lost AI files
- Select particular drive from where you need to recover lost files and click on "Next" option
- Quick scanning and recovering process will take place and all restored files will be displayed
- Preview the restored files and save them on any desired location. But remember to save retrieved file, you have to buy licensed version of this software!
About SFWare Deleted File Recovery Software
SFWare Deleted File Recovery Toolkit is one of the easiest ways for recovering deleted as well as lost files from Windows computers. It is also helpful in recovering files stored on external and internal hard drives, pen drives, memory cards, etc. It is compatible with different versions of Windows operating systems like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
As the name itself indicates, the software supports recovery of files deleted accidentally, files that have been erased or deleted from recycle Bin, and also the bypassed files Recycle Bin folder very easily. It supports recovery of deleted PDF files, Word, PPT, Excel files and many others stored on Windows PC and other storage devices.
- Always keep regular backup of important AI files
- Carefully close and open the AI application
- Don’t add any files to the system’s hard drive until the lost files are recovered