Restore Deleted Media Files
“I have created a folder on my computer and saved all the media files such as photos, videos and music in it. But yesterday while cleaning my desktop from unwanted files. I have mistakenly erased the folder containing media files. I have searched for those files in Recycle Bin folder but could not find them. Does anyone know how can I recover deleted media files from computer?”
Is It Possible to Get Back Deleted Media Files? It is the foremost question that arises in your mind when you delete any media file unknowingly or accidentally, and later realize that it was your important media file.
Even though there is no guaranteed assurance that your deleted media files can be restored, there is a good chance it can be, especially if the storage device from which you have deleted the media files is not affected.
In fact, media files that got deleted are not actually removed permanently, but they are just hidden; till they overwritten by some new data. So, if you keep this fact in mind then you can assuredly recover deleted media files!
Follow These Guidelines to Maximize the Chances of Recovering Deleted Media Files from Your Device
The best thing you can do is stop using the drive or device that holds your deleted media files. As said before, deleted media files will be essentially in hidden mode. And, it gets removed permanently if, the same physical space (drive) is used to save new data (as it overwrites the deleted media files).
So, don't do any action like installing the software, downloading or streaming music or videos, etc. on the storage media that may cause data overwritten.
Well, now what’s next? Look into your Recycle Bin/Trash (Mac) folder. If you find your deleted media files, then Restore them. If, Recycle Bin doesn’t contain your deleted media files then try to remember you had backed up the media files previously. If so, then search backup for your deleted media files and retrieve files from it.
If Recycle folder and the backup fails to get back deleted media files, then try the next method.
Recover Deleted Media Files Using SFWare Digital Media Recovery:
- Click the Download button to begin the download process
- Then install the SFWare Digital Media Recovery installation program on a drive other than the one on which your media files were deleted
- Run Deleted Photo Recovery, search your drive from where you want to recover deleted media files, select it and go Next
- Preview the recovered media files found in the results screen
- Save the media files on new location
SFWare Digital Media Recovery Software Will Recover:
- Deleted MPEG, MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, movie files etc. video formats
- Deleted MP3, Real Audio, MIDI etc. audio files
- Deleted CR2, CRW, NEF, ARW, SR2, ORF, 3FR, MRW, RAW, X3F, PEF, DNG, RAF, PDF etc. image formats
SFWare Digital Media Recovery is the complete media data recovery solution. The tool will retrieve media files that are lost in an accidental deletion, the accidental format of storage drive, virus infection, unexpected system crash/shutdown, software failure etc. situations. This program makes your media data recovery process easy and simpler and requires no special technical skill. It is compatible with all versions of Windows OS and hence helps you to restore deleted photos from Windows 7, 10, etc. and works with FAT 12, FAT 16, FAT 32 and NTFS file-systems. The software completely automates all aspects of the media file recovery process and offers you an excellent technical guidance even with the demo version of the program.
Safety Measures to Avoid Deletion of Media files:
- Do not use "Shift + Delete" keys to erase your media files
- Double-check before deleting files from external devices
- It is a good practice to keep backup of important media files before commencing any operation like deletion or formatting of drive
- Frequently scan your computer with efficient antivirus software to eliminate harmful viruses