Guide to Retrieve Deleted Photobooth Video Files
No doubt, Photo booth is a great tool to click pictures and edit them on your Mac. However, as with any other type of file, these Photo booth files can also get deleted or lost at times. What will you do in such situations? This guide provides you recovery solutions which are easy and quick.
Solution 1: Check Photo booth library and Trash
Newer Mac OS’s have a different default location for Photo booth files. It’s possible that you are looking at the older path. Hence, it is a good idea to check here before moving on to other solutions. Please follow the steps below to find the default location.
- Open Finder on your Mac, navigate to your home directory
- Open the Pictures folder and locate Photo Booth Library . This is the part where it gets tricky, directly clicking on it will not open the file
- Instead right click on it and choose Package Contents
- Go to Pictures folder and here you should find all your images and videos
If you don’t find it here, check the Trash folder. If files are deleted from Photo booth, they should be here. If you don’t find it here, try recovering it from Time Machine backup.
Solution 2: Recover from Time Machine
If you have set up Time Machine and backed up everything, you’re in luck. Just navigate to the Pictures folder in Photo booth library and click Time Machine in the dock. Locate the images or videos you wish to restore and click Restore.
Solution 3: Use SF Ware Recovery software
If you don’t find your files in Trash folder and you have not set up Time Machine backup, chances are they are deleted and not accessible from user interface. In such cases, you will have to resort to third party tools such as SF Ware Recovery.
It is a great tool designed with unique scanning algorithms to recover deleted media files. As a precautionary measure, please stop using your Mac if you encounter such a situation. Further use of the system may cause new files to be overwritten on the space which was occupied by the deleted file. This action results in permanent deletion, hence it is best not to use the system after data loss.
How can SF Ware help you?
- Equipped with efficient scanning algorithms to support recovery of various formats of photos, audio and video files
- Can retrieve RAW images captured on professional cameras.
- Supports all file systems such as FAT16, FAT32, HFS, HFSX etc.
- A Find option is available to find recovered files using date, size and file types.
- A Preview feature is available to preview the files before saving them.
- The software supports all versions of Mac OS. All Mac desktops and laptops including Mac Book Pro, Air, Mac Mini etc. are supported.
Steps to recover deleted Photobooth video files using SF Ware software:
- Download SFWare Digital Media Recovery software and install it on your system
- Now launch the software.
- Choose "Recover Photos" option from first screen, and then go with either "Deleted Photo Recovery" or "Lost Photo Recovery" option depending on the data loss scenario
- Select the drive from which you’d like to recover Photobooth files and click "Next" option
- Scanning process now begins. Once it is completed, click on "Preview" option and save the recovered files.
Note: Make sure you are not saving recovered data on the same drive from which you are recovering.