How to Open an Offline .OST File in Outlook 2013/2016/2010?
Microsoft Outlook- advanced email-client application, generates PST and OST files for its data storage. And, accessing OST file in Outlook is an all the time issue for several users (in comparison with PST). Hence, many of you want to learn how to access OST file in your Outlook. Nevertheless, it is not a so-easy job since it is not feasible to open and access your OST file directly. But, here is the way out.
Here, a manual method is explained to explore and access OST file in Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010 versions.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Open OST File in Microsoft Outlook:
- In your computer, go to Control Panel, search and open Mail
- Switch to E-mail tab, select Microsoft Exchange account and hit Change button
- Disable Use Cached Exchange Mode
- Navigate to More Settings
- Under Advanced tab, click on Offline Folder File Settings
- Opt to Disable Offline Use, followed by Yes in the emerged pop-up
- Again click on Offline Folder File Settings and hit OK
- Say Yes in the appeared window
- Next, go to Cached Exchange Mode Settings and enable Use Cached Exchange Mode
- Select OK, go Next and lastly Finish
- At last, hit Close option present on Account Settings & Mail Setup tab
Now, go and find your OST file in below locations based on your operating system.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista Users:
Windows XP Users:
Drive: \Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
What if your OST file is inaccessible, corrupted or you cannot open/find it in the default location? No worries. There is another way to view and open your OST file.
By converting your OST file into PST format you can easily access it, even if it is in inaccessible-state. Once the OST is converted into PST, the file can be imported and accessed in your Outlook with no trouble. Even there are few manual ways to convert OST file to PST, but all these manual methods have some or the other constraints.
So, you need to go for an efficient OST to PST Converter like SFWare OST to PST Conversion tool. AS it is one the trustworthy solution for converting your OST file to PST. This tool is designed for the perfect migration of OST files to PST format so that OST file can be accessed in Outlook with any difficulty. The software even repairs your corrupted or damaged OST file and gives you a healthy PST. It can be accessed in any of the Windows Operating editions to convert OST files of Outlook 2007, 2003, 2010, 2013 and 2016 editions. The software has a very simple and user-interactive interface, also offers ideal tech support. With the aid of SFWare OST to PST conversion software you can easily convert the OST to PST with all its attributes like Inbox, sent mail, deleted mail, outbox, draft, tasks, notes, appointment, contacts, calendars, journals etc. Even if, your OST file is password protected or encrypted. You don’t have to worry about the safety of your system or Outlook data, as this software is completely virus-free and secure.
How to Convert OST to PST Using SFWare?
- Get SFWare OST to PST Conversion tool and run it
- On the main screen opt Find OST File and select your OST file
- Go for Open OST File, if know OST file location
- Provide location to store converted OST file (PST), using Browse option
- Software start the OST to PST conversion process by hitting Convert button
- Click on Finish and view your converted OST file (PST)