Several users end up in different synchronization problems when they migrate Exchange Mailbox with the help of ExProfre.exe tool. Various synchronization error messages crop up soon or later after the migration process.
The user may see these sorts of synchronization errors on the synchronization log screen.
- “Synchronization of organizational forms does not occur. Thus, messages needing organizational form get presented without form-data”
- “Synchronization of security settings of MS-Outlook doesn't occur So, if new public folder put on new security settings, then these settings continue unavailable”
- “Favorite of Public Folder cannot be synchronized. All the Items that are located in that folder remain unsynchronized”
Causes of Synchronization Errors After Migrating MS-Exchange Mailbox:
Entry ID values are responsible for the occurrence of above or alike synchronization errors after migrating MS-Exchange Mailbox. MS-Outlook application uses Entry ID values to find public folders. But these Entry ID values get modified when the Mailbox is migrated (since OST file don’t get updated if you use ExProfre.exe tool for migration). Thus, OST files cannot find new Entry ID values and results in inaccessibility of OST file.
Note: At this event, there will be no backup of server Mailbox data. Only, the .ost file that comprises all data will be available (even it cannot be imported to .pst file directly).
How to Resolve Synchronization Errors After Migrating MS-Exchange Mailbox:
If clients don't require,
1. Organizational forms
2. Customized security settings in Outlook
3. Favorites saved in Public folder
Then you can easily ignore these synchronization errors that occur after migrating MS-Exchange Mailbox.
Else, create a new Outlook profile and link it to the migrated Microsoft-Exchange Mailbox. For this, first, convert Exchange OST to PST.
How to Convert OST File to PST?
- Install SFWare OST to PST Conversion Software on your computer
- Once after running the tool, you will see two options on the main screen
- 1. Open OST File – Use this to select OST file if its location is known
- 2. Find OST File - Use this option if you are not aware of the OST file path
- Use Browse button and specify the destination to store converted OST (PST) file
- Software scans, repairs and converts the OST file into a healthy working PST file
- View the PST file and import it into your Outlook
Now, associate this PST file with your MS-Outlook profile by importing it.
How to Import PST File into Outlook Profile?
- Open Outlook and go to File menu
- Click on Import and Export
- Choose Import from another program or file option and click Next
- Opt Personal Folder File (.pst), and hit Next button
- Specify path and PST file name that needs to be imported
- Select folders that you wish to import. (to import entire file, opt the top of the hierarchy)
- Click on Finish
Why SFWare OST to PST Conversion?
You can manually convert a OST file into PST. But, it is not recommended to change an inaccessible, corrupt or damaged .ost file to a PST via manual methods. Since chances are there that you may permanently lose access to the file. Thus, using a third-party OST to PST converter would be the best idea. And, with the aid of reliable SFWare OST to PST Conversion tool, you can easily and quickly convert OST to PST data in an efficient way. Your broken OST file gets converted into healthy PST file in few mouse clicks by SFWare converter. Once you get your OST file converted into PST file you can import that PST file into Microsoft Outlook profile directly and access your data. The tool offers a complete technical guidance to aid you during the conversion process. It works flawlessly on all versions of Windows OS and converts OST file of any Outlook edition.