OST is an offline Outlook data file used by Microsoft Exchange Server that allows users to work with emails when the mail server is not available. When these OST files become corrupt, damaged or inaccessible, converting OST file to PST is the only way to get access to the lost Outlook data items.
The inbuilt inbox repair tool might pose a greater threat to the OST file as it works directly on the original Outlook data file. Hence the solution to fixing the OST file turns out to be converting it to PST file.
Why we need to convert OST to PST?
- When Exchange mailbox server associated with the OST file becomes inaccessible converting OST to PST is required
- Converting OST to PST will importing emails from Microsoft Exchange OST file
- When some file or folder is deleted from the exchange server
- Third party plugins can sometimes damage the OST file
- Also helps in accessing the data lost due to OST file damage in following scenarios:
- Network failure while synchronising with exchange server can damage OST file
- Abrupt termination of Outlook while accessing OST file
- Any virus infection to the computer can corrupt the OST file
- Outlook application crash.
SFWare OST to OST converter is the most recommended tool across all the platforms of all versions of Outlook. The read only mode of the tool makes it safest way to convert OST file to PST. Additionally the highly interactive user interface makes the OST conversion process a simple one even for a novice user.
Why SFWare OST to PST conversion tool?
SFWare OST to PST conversion tool is built with a highly interactive user interface that can make the complex process of OST to PST conversion into a simple one even for a novice user.
Additionally after conversion of OST to PST file the tool facilitates the preview of Outlook data items like emails, contacts, notes calendar etc.
Some standout features of SFWare OST to PST converter is as mentioned below:
How to convert OST to PST using SFWare OST converter tool?
Download and Install SFWare OST to PST conversion software on your computer and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Launch the tool, In the main screen you will have two options "Open OST file" and "Find OST file"
- Open OST file: select this option to repair inaccessible, corrupt or damaged Outlook OST file
- Find OST file: select this option when you're not aware of the OST file location. The tool will automatically find the OST file
- Now specify the location by clicking on Browse where you want to store the converted OST file
- The software will start the OST to PST conversion and will generate a healthy PST file which is ready to use.
Now, you will have a PST file that contains all your Outlook items that were saved in OST file. By importing this PST file into your Outlook you can successfully access all Outlook attributes.
First Screen with two Main options
Use 'Browse' option to Find OST File
Select Destination Path to save converted PST File
Repairing and Converting OST file to PST
- Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Window 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003
- RAM – 512 GB (1GB Recommended)
- Disk Space – 50 MB free space (for Installation)
- System Type – 32bit or 64bit PC
- Supported Microsoft Exchange Versions
- Microsoft Exchange 5.0
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5
- Microsoft Exchange 2000
- Microsoft Exchange 2003
- Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2010