Restore Files from RAW File System on Mac
“Hi, today morning after installing Operating System in my Mac computer, I found one of the Mac volumes couldn't be accessed and instead it shows an error message "file system: RAW". I am totally puzzled by this action. Now I cannot even open the Mac volume nor even read the files in it. Is it possible to recover data from RAW file system on Mac? Any simple help is kindly appreciated.”
RAW File system on Mac is neither HFS/HFS+ nor NTFS/FAT. In general, a RAW file system on Mac is one of the inaccurate file systems that causes a lot of issues and makes data present on the drive inaccessible.
Mac RAW File System can be caused by a number of reasons. When your Mac file system becomes RAW, you may experience some common symptoms such as,
- File names consist of "weird" characters
- You get a warning message like -"Sector not found" when you try to access files
- Getting an error message “drive not formatted. Do you want to format now?” when tried to access files on Mac drive
When the Mac file system turns into a RAW state and their files become inaccessible, you need to format the Mac drive to solve the issue.
But, DON’T FORMAT THE DRIVE before you recover data from RAW file system Mac. If, you have already formatted the RAW Mac file system or you are searching how to do data recovery from RAW file system on Mac then, get the best partition recovery software to sort out this issue.
Software to Recover Data from RAW File System Mac:
SFWare Partition Recovery Software for Mac is one of best the tools to recover data from the RAW file system on Mac machine. This program is developed using advanced algorithms. Hence it is easy to restore files from RAW file system on Mac within minutes. As it works on Read-Only mode, your original files remain intact during the RAW file system data recovery process.
General Features of SFWare Partition Recovery Tool:
- Recovers data from all kind of file systems such as NTFS, NTFS5, HFSX, and HFS+
- Has an ability to retrieve data after Mac drive format is performed
- Can retrieve files from inaccessible or corrupt hard drives without altering the original file contents
- You can even rescue files from a RAW partition on both internal as well as external hard drives
- The tool helps to recover data from bad sector hard drive within a short span of time
- Gives you a chance to preview the recovered data from RAW file system in trial version
- Other than recovering RAW file system on Mac, you can even recover data from the RAW file system of removable devices like memory card, USB drive, FireWire device etc.
How to Recover Data from RAW File System Mac?
Step 1: Launch SFWare Partition Recovery Software for Mac and click on Partition Recovery button. In case, you have formatted the volume after error RAW file system Mac then, select Formatted/Reformatted Recovery option.
Step 2: Next, choose the RAW Mac file system drive following its volumes.
Step 3: If you wish, you can specify file types to recover from RAW file system Mac. Else click on Skip button. Now, the software starts scanning the selected drive.
Step 4: Once the Mac RAW recovery process gets completed you can find recovered data from two different views. To ensure whether files are recovered properly or not, double-click on your recovered files and verify.
Step 5: Finally, save restored data from Mac RAW file system to a safe location (not onto the same RAW drive), if you are satisfied with the results.
Situations Result in RAW File System on Mac:
Below are the common instances where your Mac turns into a RAW file system. So, avoid these causes to safeguard your Mac.
- Improper termination of Mac computer
- Power outage
- Incorrect format/format failure
Apart from the above-mentioned scenarios, the file system on Mac becomes RAW due to several other unknown reasons. So, follow precautionary measures and proper procedure while working with your Macintosh.
And, don’t forget that “there is nothing to worry unless you maintain a proper data backup”.