Western Digital My Passport Ultra Not Working
You have many important files stored in your Western Digital My Passport Ultra external drive. Unfortunately, the drive stopped working all of a sudden. You have no idea what happened. What about all the important data stored on it? You cannot afford to lose all the photos, video files, presentations, music files, etc., from WD My Passport Ultra drive.
Well, there could be various reasons for WD drive to stop working. Some of the causes are –
- File system corruption
- Interruptions while formatting or reformatting partitions
- Using third party applications to create, or resize partitions on Western Digital external drive
- Increased number of bad sectors on the drive
Under such a situation, you will realize the importance of backup. If you had backed up important data, then you can restore them when Western Digital My Passport Ultra external drive stops working. Well, if you have not, then are files lost forever? Don’t worry, you can try and fix this issue. Here are a few things that you can try out to fix WD not working issue:
- Check if the external drive is damaged
- Try another USB cable to connect WD drive to the computer
- Replace the USB cables if they are too old
- Try to connect WD My Passport Ultra directly to the computer port rather than using USB cable
If none of these methods work out, then the problem could be more serious. You risk losing all your important data from the drive. So the first thing to do is to recover all files from Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive which is not working. A quick and safe way to retrieve files from WD drive is by using SFWare Partition Recovery software.
Data Recovery from WD My Passport Ultra that is not Working:
SFWare Partition Recovery software scans the entire Western Digital drive that is not working to locate and recover files, and folders from it. Presentation files, documents, ZIP files, photos, music files, backup files and many other files from Western Digital My Passport Ultra external drive will be recovered in a short while. The application also supports data recovery from corrupted, RAW, undetectable, formatted, repartitioned, WD drive / partition with ease. It even helps to recover lost, or erased data from internal hard drives, memory cards, FireWire drives, USB drives, etc.
Supported hard drive brands: Buffalo, Transcend, Sony, LaCie, Samsung, Seagate, and so on.
Guide to Recover Data from not Working Western Digital My Passport Ultra:
- Download and install SFWare Partition Recovery software on a working computer
- Connect your Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive to it
- Run the program, and select “Partition Recovery” option from the main screen
- On the next screen, select WD My Passport Ultra drive from the list and proceed
- The software will scan the selected Western Digital drive
- Once scanning is completed, a list of recovered files will be displayed
- Preview recovered data and save it on a new location