Fix Failed Hard Disk Using Diskpart on Windows
There have been many reports from the Windows users that after installing Windows 8.1 update, they started encountering with some hard drive issues. The hard disk failed to respond! If you are a victim of such kind of problem, then continue reading this page as you are going to find a perfect solution to fix failed HDD using Windows Diskpart.
Most likely, the reason for the hard drive failing to respond properly is the corruption to hard disk. Due to this, you may not able to access the drive data also. But, there is one reliable method to fix the issue, that is using Diskpart.
Fixing failed hard drive using windows Diskpart utility
Well, Diskpart utility is a great solution for the one who is looking to completely fix the HDD failing issues. Here’s what you need to do to fix failed hard drive.
First of all, remove the hard disk causing issues and connect it to another Windows computer. Strat the computer and enter the Command Prompt as an Admin. Then start the Diskpart and enter the following commands:
select disk 1
create partition primary
select partition 1
format FS = NTFS
assign letter = D
Here’s how the above command lines work – Actually these command lines remove and resets a primary partition, format is with NTFS file system and then assign it with a drive letter (D in the above case).
But you should note that the fixing solution mentioned here will delete all the files stored on the hard drive. But, you can restore them back once you reconnect the drive to main PC and then get back lost files from backup. So, it is suggested to take backups before you begin with the fixing process!
What if there is no backup or you didn’t find any data after running Diskpart? Now that is where data recovery software comes into picture! Choose SFWare Partition Recovery Application, a reliable data recovery solution that will easily recover data from failed and bad hard drives.
How to recover data from failed hard disk drive?
With SFWare Partition Recovery Software, any novice is able to perform data recovery from failed hard drive. Just follow these instructions:
- Download SFWare Partition Recovery Software on any Windows system and complete the installation steps
- Attach the failed drive to the software installed system and run the tool
- Main screen will display "Partition Recovery" option and "Formatted / Reformatted Recovery" option
- Select "Partition Recovery" option if the partition is deleted, lost or corrupted
- Now, select the drive from where you want to recover data and go to "Next" option to start the recovery process (Software will display all the available drives present in your system, including externally connected hard drives)
- Data will be recovered in a short interval of time
- Once the recovery process is completed, retrieved partition data will be displayed in "Data Type" and "File Type" views
- You can check recovered files using "Preview" option
- Click on "Save" button to successfully store recovered data
What if your hard disk turns RAW and you are not able to access data. Well no worries, you can opt for SFWare Partition Recovery Software and easily recover data from RAW hard drive using the same steps mentioned above.