Lost Partition After System Restart how to Recover?
Does your computer restart all of a sudden and all partitions are missing now? No issues! Here is the solution.
This problem has frustrated several users running with different Windows operating systems including Windows 10, 8.1, 7, etc.
There are various reasons responsible for the sudden restart of a working computer like installation of unsupported applications (incompatible programs), virus accumulation etc. And, when the running system restarted all of sudden the files you were working or partition you were accessing may go missing due to the improper shutdown. But, you don’t have to worry as you can easily restore missing partitions after system restart.
How to Recover Missing Partitions After System Restart?
Solution 1: Do System Restore to Recover Lost Partitions After System Reboot
Restoring the computer to a previous Restore Point (before you lose partitions) can help you to recover partitions that are lost after restarting the computer. To restore your system,
1. Go to Start menu and search System Restore
2. You will reach System Properties wizard
3. Switch to System Protection tab
4. Click on System Restore button
5. Track the on-screen guidelines and select most recent Restore Point
6. Finally, hit the Next button and complete the process
Note: This method works only if you have enabled System Restore option.
Solution 2. Recover Lost Partitions After System Reboot Using SFWare Partition Recovery
If you fail to retrieve missing partitions using solution 1 then it is recommended to try SFWare Partition Recovery program and restore lost partitions after system restart.
Steps to Perform Lost Partition Recovery After System Restart:
- Install SFWare Partition Recovery software on a working computer
- Connect the drive from where your partitions are missing after system restart
- Run the program and select Partition Recovery option
- Select the attached hard drive and click on Next button
- Software scans the drive and shows all partitions
- Select your missing partition
- Next, the tool scans data present in the selected partition
- Recovered files will be listed in Data View and File Type View
- Preview the restored data
- Save recovered files on new location (not on same partition/drive)
More About SFWare Partition Recovery:
SFWare Partition Recovery is the most suggested and reliable partition recovery tool for all versions of Windows system. The tool scans the drive and finds missing, lost, deleted, inaccessible etc. partitions and lets you to restore data from those partitions without any hassle. It has a handy interface and offers excellent technical support round the clock. This utility can be used to recover data from missing partitions which are encrypted or corrupted. This tool is capable of recovering partitions with file systems like NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT. Whatever may be the cause for loss or deletion of partition from the computer, you can easily recover files of it using SFWare Partition Recovery software, which is proficient of recovering any type of files. The program gives you 100% results in few mouse clicks.