How to Retrieve Lost Windows 8 Partition
“Hi geeks, Recently i made a partition on my Windows 8 system and saved all my important project files into it. Today morning when i started my computer to complete some pending project work, i am unable to find that partition, i guess that partition is missing because a week ago i installed upgraded my OS, may be its due to that but i am not sure. Please can anybody help me out in recovering lost partition from Windows 8? Thanks to all”
You may get land into troubles because of your mistakes, many times as given in above scenario which may be published in any technical forums. Do not panic in such situations as there is a way out of this problem. When you upgrade or install new OS on your computer, files from all partitions will be cleaned up. If new data is saved on a partition then the data may overwrite lost data on storage memory. Till then the files will be safe on the physical drive of computer. Therefore you need a media to read from memory of hard drive when partitions are lost. SFWare Partition Recovery is the outstanding data restoration software that can be used in such circumstances in order to recover deleted partition or to learn how to restore Windows 8 lost partition.
Missing Partition Recovery from Windows 8:
SFWare Partition Recovery is the most reliable lost recovery partition Windows 8 software that lets you restore data from lost partition without any hassle. It has smooth interface and you can get back deleted or lost data from partitions easily. This utility can be used to recover data from missing partitions which are encrypted. This program is capable of restoring data from partitions with file systems namely NTFS, NTFS5, FTA16, FAT32, exFAT file system which is specially present in Windows 8. You can also retrieve data from other OS like Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista using this application.
Scenarios in which partitions are lost from Windows 8:
Windows 8 OS introduced a huge change in the user interface of computers. With the release of Windows 8 touch screen option was provided for users. While using these Windows 8 PCs also, you encounter some common instances when partitions or data from partitions are lost. Some are as given below.
- File System gets corrupt due to virus infection or improper formatting procedure followed that may results in losing of partition along with the entore data stored in it will go missing
- Computer reboots automatically sometimes due to OS malfunctioning causing partition loss
- When partitions are formatted or reformatted, entire information on file system will be erased
- A partition becomes RAW when file system on it is not defined and you will lose access to files in it. Usually RAW is termed for partitions which are not formatted by manufacturers before marketing computers
Whatever may be the cases due to which partition is missing from computer, you can recover files using SFWare Partition Recovery software, which is capable of recovering all types of files stored in it and gives you the 100% successfull recover results in few clicks.
Steps to carry out lost partition recovery from Windows 8:
- Download SFWare Partition Recovery software and install it on your Windows OS
- Run the program and select “Partition Recovery” or “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” according to the loss situation faced by you
- Select the icon hard drive of computer and click on “Next”
- Software scans the hard drive and displays all file systems, present and previous on the screen
- Then select the file system from which you want to retrieve data and click on “Next”
- Choose file types from next screen which you want to restore and click on “Next”
- The utility starts scanning for specified files and displays the result in few minutes
- You can view files in “Data Type View” and “File Type View”
- Check out the restored data using “Preview” option
- Store recovered files on a computer using “Save” option
- Keep backup of files on Windows 8 computers in regular intervals of time
- Use powerful anti-virus software on the PCs to safeguard files from viruses or malwares
- Do not use the same partition from where you have lost files in order to increase the recovery chances