How to Recover Lost Data after Diskpart Clean/Format?
Yes, you can certainly recover data lost by diskpart clean and diskpart format commands using the right kind of data recovery tools like SFWare. This software is designed with advanced scanning algorithms to recover the entire drive’s data in a quick and easy way. This article explains more about the product and steps to recover data, so stay tuned.
Recover data lost after using diskpart clean/format
Diskpart is a great utility to clean, format, add or delete partitions and basically manage your drive. However, since it is a command line tool, it requires that you enter the commands properly and you type in the right drive letter to execute the commands. But if you’re not adept at using the command line, it is better you don’t use this tool as even a minor error can cause significant damage.
If you are someone who has experienced data loss after using diskpart clean or diskpart format, the lost data can be recovered using SFWare data recovery software. It is built with advanced scanning technology that thoroughly scans the selected drive for files and recovers them for you. The files are recovered in such a way that you will see no difference between the original and recovered files. This is possible since the software uses a read only mechanism for recovery.
The software can be used not only to undo diskpart clean or diskpart format, but also undo other diskpart commands which have led to unintended data loss. In addition, it can also be used to recover data from corrupted drives or inaccessible drives.
Advantages of using SFWare data recovery software
• SFWare software can be used irrespective of the file system used. That is it can work with FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT, NTFS etc.
• Even if you have used Diskpart on an external hard drive, you can still recover data using SFWare. It supports recovery from all storage devices like external hard drives, USB’s and SD cards
• Works with all Windows OS versions like Windows 10, 8, 7, Windows Vista and XP, so you should not have issues with compatibility
• Provides a Mac version with support available for all the latest versions
Steps to recover data lost by using ‘diskpart clean’ or ‘format’
Recovering data lost after using diskpart clean or format is really simple using SFWare data recovery software. As a first step, download SFWare software using the link provided and install it on your system.
Step 1. Launch the software to open the main screen and select Recover Drives
Step 2. From the 2 options provided for partition recovery and formatted recovery, select Partition Recovery
Step 3. Then select the drive which was cleaned/formatted using diskpart followed by partition to recover
Step 4. If you want to recover only specific file types, select those using the prompt provided. Else select Skip to perform a scan for all file types.
Step 5. The software scans the selected drive and displays all recoverable files
Step 6. From the displayed list of files, select the required ones and save them to a preferred location
Precautions to protect your data
• Use command line tools like diskpart only if you know how to use them correctly. If not, tools like Disk Management work equally well.
• Make sure there are no typos when using these commands and also double check the drive letter you have specified
• Always maintain a backup of data on your system before you perform any disk related activities