Restoring Files Lost after Yosemite Upgradation
OS installation is the process of deleting previous file system from the hard drive and install new OS in it. As Mac Yosemite is one of the renowned OS and has many advanced features, many people prefer to reinstall Mac Yosemite. While reinstalling Mac Yosemite, occurrence of any software conflicts can lead to missing of valuable data stored in it. And if you have already reinstalled Mac Yosemite and forgot to keep the backup of important files then it creates a severe data loss crisis.
Have you experienced a situation where you missed an important data from Mac OS X Yosemite? If this is the case then don’t worry, your files are somewhere in that Mac drive. You can opt for some methods to look for the files which are missed from Mac Yosemite while reinstallation process.
One method of finding missed files after reinstalling Yosemite is through Spotlight. If you are completely sure that you have not deleted any of the files from Mac Yosemite then you can easily find those missing files using Spotlight. Click the Spotlight at the top right corner of your Mac and type in the keyword, it displays the result. Just click the result and find out the missing files and save it.
Unfortunately sometimes you might not be gratified enough or might not find missing files with Spotlight. On such instances other easy method by which you can recover missing files after reinstalling Yosemite is by using a third party Partition recovery software.
Program to restore files missing after reinstalling Yosemite:
SFWare Partition Recovery is one such application that helps you to retrieve missing files after reinstalling Yosemite. Advanced scanning algorithms of this SFWare tool completely scans the Mac volume deeply and recovers missing after reinstalling Yosemite with ease. Data recovery mechanism of this software is designed in such a way that it has an ability to get back files after installation or reinstallation of OS quickly. SFWare not only helps in recovering missing after reinstalling Yosemite but also recovers files which are lost due to any new OS installation.
Causes for data loss after reinstalling Mac Yosemite:
- Mac PC terminated: While reinstalling Mac Yosemite, if your Mac PC gets terminated all of a sudden due to power surge issue then it damages the file system and results in loss of valuable files stored in it.
- Faulty hard drive: Data from Mac can be lost if you install Mac Yosemite in any faulty hard drive. For an example if you reinstall Mac Yosemite drive is infected with viruses then it leads to partial reinstallation of Mac OS and results in severe data loss.
- Formatting Mac volume: Formatting process erases all the files stored in the drive. If you format Mac volume while reinstalling Mac Yosemite without having an updated backup then it results in deletion of files preserved in it.
Features of SFWare Partition Recovery Toolkit:
- SFWare ensures data recovery even from complex data loss scenarios like MBR corruption, time machine failure, catalog record error etc.
- Mac version of SFWare tool can be applied for recovering formatted partition OS X data and files from MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook mini, MacBook, and other MacBook notebooks running Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, Snow Leopard, and other Mac OS
- Can restore data not just from Mac hard disk but also from any accessible drive like external hard drive, memory card, USB drives etc.
- Helps in restoring data from different types of hard drives such as SATA, SCSI, PATA, and IDE
- Can get back files and folders from a formatted volume / drive in couple of minutes
- Offers an efficient recovery of data that are deleted due to emptying Mac Trash folder