Videos Recovery after Hard Drive Crash
The most painful part of computer or hard drive crash is often the data loss! What if the lost data includes your priceless videos? Well, this page guides you on how to recover videos after hard drive crash as well as how to minimize the loss.
“My computer recently crashed. How do I recover my data? I mean my videos, pictures, and other items from hard drive. I did a recovery through some recovery tools, but I was unable to recover any data.”
This is frighteningly a common issue that can be seen often in various forums. Let us look some of the most common approaches that help to get back videos after hard drive crash.
Retrieving Videos from Backup
By far the fastest, easiest, and the most stress-free method for restoring video from a crashed hard drive is simply using the most recent backup. Oh! You don’t have backup videos? Then the things will get irky!
Hope you have very well understood now that how important a regular backup plan is to protect yourself from the data loss issues if it happens in future!
Note: Some of the common causes for hard drive crash are human errors, virus infection, OS malfunctioning, improper formatting, presence of bad sectors on the drive, and many more.
Stop using the Hard Drive!
The good news is that it is possible to restore videos if over writing has not happened. However, continuing to use the hard drive decreases the amount of data that can be recovered with every moment that it’s used. Hence, stop using the drive immediately after drive crash.
Another Alternative to Get Back Videos after Hard Drive Crash
One more approach you can consider for retrieving videos from a crashed hard drive is to connect drive as an additional drive, i.e., using a second computer. Place the hard drive into a USB enclosure and connect it as an external drive.
Still unable to restore videos from crashed HD? Then, the only solution is choosing a reliable data recovery tool.
One Final Solution to Grasp at!
The most recommended resolution for restoring videos after hard drive when none of the above mentioned methods work out is using SFWare Partition Recovery Tool. This program has a very simple user interface through which any person (technical or non-technical) can perform the recovery process by just following the onscreen steps. Some of the useful attributes of SFWare Partition Recovery are as follows:
- Almost all type of video formats will be recovered through this application
- Apart from videos, it retrieves other file types such as audios, documents, texts, PPTs, emails, compressed files stored on crashed hard drive
- Not only crashed hard drive recovery is supported, but also the toolkit recovers data from failed hard drive, virus infected drive, unbootable hard drive, dead hard drive, and corrupted drive
- Also supports data recovery from Recycle Bin/Trash, memory cards, flash drives, digital cameras, iPods, firewire drives, etc
- Compatible for all the devices formatted with FAT, NTFS and HFS file systems
- Allows you to preview recovered data before saving
- Two different recovery modes to help you to recover partitions as well as to restore formatted or reformatted partitions
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite)
Find Videos from Crashed Hard Drive in 3 Steps
Initial Setup: Download and install SFWare Partition Recovery Utility on a healthy computer and connect the crashed hard drive to it. Then, launch the app and select “Recover Drives” from main screen.
Step 1: Choose a recovery mode to recover videos after disk crash
You’ll be provided with 2 recovery modes after launching the program. Since the issue is about crashed hard drive, select “Partition Recovery”. This mode helps you to process the recovery of lost, deleted, resized, damaged, as well as crashed hard drive partitions.
Step 2: Scan your crashed hard drive
Here you just need to select your hard drive and click “Next” to continue. Then partitions on your crashed hard drive will all be displayed. Choose the partition on which the videos were located and click “Next”.
Step 3: Recover data from crashed hard drive selectively
When the scan is over, all file types on crashed hard drive will be listed in the window. Choose the video file format and click “Next” to restore them from crashed hard drive. You can also recover data from all partitions available on a crashed hard drive.