Easy Way to Convert RAW Partition to NTFS Without Data Loss
If you need to convert RAW partition to NTFS, or convert RAW to NTFS without any data loss, then you are at the right place. Whenever your storage devices such as Windows partition, hard drive, USB drive, SD card etc. become RAW, you can restore files and convert them from RAW to NTFS with ease now.
When a partition/volume gets damaged and become RAW or you receive some error messages such as "RAW error", you still have a chance to convert it back to NTFS. Before converting, let’s have a look on some symptoms when a volume becomes RAW file system:
- The disk in drive X: is not formatted
- There was an error accessing drive X: The disk is not formatted
- The volume X: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
- The type of the file system is RAW
- CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives
- Also, a CHKDSK tool will complained that is unable to perform a RAW file system recovery
Under all such circumstances, you have to convert RAW to NTFS by formatting. It is the only way to fix RAW drive. But now the question is, how can you do it without losing your data?
The irony is that most of the people think that you can get back lost and inaccessible files after converting RAW disk drive to NTFS. But, it is not the case. You’ll have to depend on data recovery software to recover files from RAW drive. Then to convert RAW partition to NTFS, you are required to format it after a full data recovery.
How to convert RAW to NTFS without losing data?
Step 1. Restore data from RAW drive, SD card Windows partition firstly
To recover the files from RAW Disk, you can try SFWare Partition Recovery. This software enables you to fully restore data from RAW disk or volumes under Windows 10/8/7/Vista etc. without any obstacles. And it's 100% safe for computer system and data, no second damage will be caused.
If you need to convert RAW volumes to NTFS, it's highly recommended for you to use this tool to restore all data first. If you format directly, you'll lost all important data. Now, let's see how to recover all data before converting RAW partition to NTFS.
- Initially, download demo version of SFWare Partition Recovery Software on your system
- Install and launch it
- From the main screen, select "Partition Recovery" option
- In the next screen, you will be able to see all the available drives including external hard drive connected externally. Choose the appropriate drive and click on "Next" option
- Software starts scanning of the select drive, scanning and recovery takes time based on the data/partition(s) to be recovered
- Once it is completed you can be able to see recovered partition data on the screen
- To make sure whether the files are recovered properly or not, double click on the recovered files and get the confirmation
- If you're happy and willing to save recovered results, then get the licensed activated and get the access to Save button
Note: Here you should not save the recovered files to the original disk drive that shows RAW file system, instead, you can store those recovered files to any other partition or storage device.
Step 2. Convert RAW to NTFS - Format RAW Partition to NTFS
After following these steps, you can successfully recover all your files from the RAW disk. And then you can reformat or format RAW disk to NTFS without worrying about data loss problem.
- Open This PC/Computer > Find the RAW partition
- Right-click it by choosing Format > Select the file system - NTFS and even rename
- Click Start > OK
Once you perform this, your personal files in RAW disk or storage device will be restored easily and you can convert RAW partition to NTFS without any problems and even reuse it again.