How to Retrieve Contacts from Outlook 2010
Using Outlook 2010 will not be worthy if you don’t have contacts. If you are a sales person or a marketer, then the list of contacts that you have saved in Outlook file can be a very valuable commodity. Many of these contacts might be clients, customers, or people from your industry and being able to reach them could mean a lot, and hence you almost can’t afford to lose a single contact. However, sometimes you just cannot locate the person in your Outlook email address book. It may be due to one of the following reasons…
- Many times users delete Outlook contacts mistakenly during removal of unnecessary items from PST file. If contacts are deleted via Shift + Delete keys, deleted contacts cannot be found
- There is a Deleted Items folder in PST file that contains emails, contacts and other Outlook entries that are deleted by user with simple Delete key. Deletion of this Deleted Items folder will result in removal of Outlook contacts
- Sometimes viruses can also take part in deletion of Outlook contacts
- Outlook program might get crash due to frequent abnormal termination or after re-installation of OS. After crash, you may lose access to contacts and other Outlook items from PST file
- PST file may get corrupted after improper Outlook upgrade, import and exceed size limit, etc. In such circumstances, you may lose contacts
But, there are a couple of different places you can look if you want to recover Outlook 2010 contacts. So, don’t panic until you have investigated these locations.
Outlook 2010 contacts that are still in Deleted Items folder
If you suspect that the contacts have been deleted using a simple DELETE key, then click the Deleted Items folder in the column at the left side of the window to show the entire contents of the folder. If there are many items in this folder, you might need to do some filtering. Click the Arrange By option above the list of items, then click the Type option. This will sort all of the folder items based upon the type of item they are, and any recently deleted contacts will be on the top of the list.
Now, choose the deleted contact, and then drag it to the Contacts folder at the lower-left corner of the window. When you return to your Contacts folder, you will see that the contact has been restored.
Unfortunately, if you have emptied Deleted Items folder since the contacts were lost, or even when they are lost due to above mentioned reasons, then the recovery is not possible through any manual methods. Hence, to retrieve Outlook contacts 2010, you need an aid from professional tool by name SFWare PST Repair Tool.
Recovering Outlook Contacts Using SFWare PST Repair Software
SFWare PST Repair Program tool is very easy and simple to run as it gives step by step guidance throughout the process. This application has auto detect feature that locates Outlook 2010 PST file and scan it for the retrieval of lost or deleted Outlook contacts. Further, it offers smart scanning mode to fix PST file, and simultaneously restores all the contacts, calendar items, emails, attachments, tasks, RSS feeds, etc. It can be easily installed on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 2003 operating systems. Apart from Outlook 2010, this toolkit can be utilized to fix Outlook OST file as well as PST file created on Outlook 2013, 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000 versions.
Go Through Just Few Simple Steps to Retrieve Contacts from Outlook 2010
Step 1: Download SFWare PST Repair App and then install it.
Step 2: Launch the software. The main screen with three different options will be displayed, select one as per the need.
Step 3: Next screen displays two different scanning options – Normal Scan and Smart Scan.
- Normal Scan – Choose this option if your PST file doesn’t open due to some errors or if the severity of PST file corruption is low
- Smart Scan – Select this if you have deleted emails, contacts, or any other Outlook data or when severity of PST corruption is high i.e. even when normal scan fails to fix PST file.
Note: Select level of scanning depending upon your requirements and provide the destination path to save repaired PST file.
Step 4: Then click on “Repair” option to start Outlook 2010 contacts recovery process.
Step 5: Once the process gets over, preview all recovered Outlook items.
With this process all your Outlook contacts from the PST will be successfully recovered. There are still other important features of SFWare PST Repair Tool, which includes fixing PST file which can’t be repaired using ScanPST tool, repairing large sized, password protected, highly encrypted Outlook PST file, and many others.