How to Fix Microsoft Outlook 2010 not responding Error?
This page explains how to resolve issues like Microsoft Outlook 2010 getting freeze and not responding whenever you try to access Outlook data. Has it ever happened to you that you work with Microsoft Outlook 2010 account as usual, click on a message to read or reply to it, or take some other action you performed lots of times in the past, and all of a sudden Outlook won't open and not responding? One of the major for such kind of error is PST file corruption. Besides this, there are other causes for Outlook 2010 not responding error. Some of them are:
- When mailbox in Outlook PST file gets too large
- If Outlook user profile is corrupted
- Due to header corruption, CRC error, improper import
- When Outlook data files are infected with viruses
- Improper Outlook 2010 installation
- Issues with some add-ins
So, here are some quick solutions to fix “Outlook 2010 not responding” error and to bring back Outlook 2010 data to life.
Start Outlook 2010 in Safe Mode
In safe mode, Outlook 2010 will be loaded without any add-ins and customized files. If Outlook 2010 is working fine in safe mode then there is an issue with your Add-ins. You can disable add-ins.
Disable Outlook 2010 Add-ins
Switch to the File tab, click "Options", and choose "Add-ins" and then click Go. Now, all you need to do is to untick the add-ins and close the dialog.
Exit hanging Outlook process through Task Manager
When you press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” button simultaneously, it brings up Windows Task Manager. On that, click on “Processes” tab and find out OUTLOOK.EXE in the list, then choose OUTLOOK.EXE and click on “End Process” Button.
If all these methods didn’t work, then it means PST file has severely damaged and you need to repair Outlook 2010 not responding issue using some third party PST repair tool like SFWare PST Repair Tool.
Repair Outlook Data File using SFWare PST Repair Software
With its simple user interface, SFWare PST Repair Toolkit helps every technical as well as non technical user in fixing Outlook 2010 not responding error. As this app is 100% free from harmful viruses, it will fix PST file and resolve Outlook 2010 not responding error without modifying the actual data present on PST file. Further, it has been proved as the most convenient tool to repair not responding error of MS Outlook 2010 on all the versions of Outlook such as Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000. What’s more, the utility can repair Outlook on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008.
Some more interesting facts about SFWare PST Repair Tool
- Large sized PST file can also be fixed
- It can manage to repair password protected or even encrypted Outlook PST file
- Recovers all the attributes of PST file like mails, calendar items, contacts, appointments, RSS feeds, task, notes, journals, etc
- Has the ability to fix those corruption issues, which can’t be solved with Scanpst.exe tool
After all these stuffs, finally we have reached to level where the page is presenting the step by step procedure to fix Outlook 2010 not responding error. Have a look.
Procedure to Repair Outlook 2010 “not responding” Error
- Download and Install the software on Windows computer
- Run the application
- Select the drive and find Outlook 2010 PST file using “Find” option
- Click on “Next” option
- Two options like “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan” will be displayed
- Based on the severity of PST file damage, choose the scanning method
- Finally, click on the “Repair” option
- Preview all the folders of PST file using “Preview” option before saving