How to Solve Outlook 2010 not Responding Error
SFWare PST Repair Software fixes Outlook error not responding easily in few simple steps. Starting Outlook in safe mode, disabling add-ins, etc., are some other techniques which might help you to solve Outlook not responding error.
You are unable to send email or open Outlook 2010 as you got stuck in error says that Outlook 2010 not responding. No worries, you are at a right place here you will find all possible methods which you can use to get rid of Outlook not responding error.
Reasons for Outlook 2010 Not Responding Error-
One of the major reasons for such kind of error is PST file corruption. Besides this, there are other causes for Outlook 2010 not responding error. Some of them are:
- When mailbox in Outlook PST file gets too large
- If Outlook user profile is corrupted
- Due to header corruption, CRC error, improper import
- When Outlook data files are infected with viruses
- Improper Outlook 2010 installation
- Issues with some add-ins
So, here are some quick solutions to fix “Outlook 2010 not responding” error and to bring back Outlook 2010 data to life.
Solution #1: Start Outlook 2010 in Safe Mode
In safe mode, Outlook 2010 will be loaded without any add-ins and customized files. If Outlook 2010 is working fine in safe mode then there is an issue with your Add-ins. You can disable add-ins.
Solution #2: Disable Outlook 2010 Add-ins
Switch to the File tab, click "Options", and choose "Add-ins" and then click Go. Now, all you need to do is to untick the add-ins and close the dialog.
Solution #3: Exit hanging Outlook process through Task Manager
When you press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” button simultaneously, it brings up Windows Task Manager. On that, click on “Processes” tab and find out OUTLOOK.EXE in the list, then choose OUTLOOK.EXE and click on “End Process” Button.
If all these methods didn’t work, then it means PST file has severely damaged and you need to repair Outlook 2010 not responding issue using some third party PST repair tool like SFWare PST Repair Tool.
Solution #4: Repair Outlook Data File using SFWare PST Repair Software
With its simple user interface, SFWare PST Repair Toolkit helps every technical as well as non-technical user in fixing Outlook 2010 not responding error. As this app is 100% free from harmful viruses, it will fix PST file and resolve Outlook 2010 not responding error without modifying the actual data present on PST file. Further, it has been proved as the most convenient tool to repair not responding error of MS Outlook 2010 on all the versions of Outlook such as Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000. What’s more, the utility can repair Outlook on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008.
Step by Step Guide to Repair Outlook 2010 “not responding” Error
- Download SFWare PST Repair Tool on your system and complete the installation procedure by following on-screen instructions
- Once you launch the software, you will see three main options on the main screen
Open PST File - If you know the PST file path present on your computer, then select this option
Find PST File - If you are unaware of the location of Outlook PST file location, then go for this option
Select Outlook Profile - If there are multiple Outlook users/profiles existing on your computer, then click on this option
- After selecting the appropriate option, click on "Next" option
- Next, select either "Normal Scan" or the "Smart Scan" and then select destination folder where repaired Outlook file to be stored
- Click on "Repair" button
- Once repair process is completed, check repaired PST file and import accordingly
Some more interesting facts about SFWare PST Repair Tool
- Large sized PST file can also be fixed
- It can manage to repair password protected or even encrypted Outlook PST file
- Recovers all the attributes of PST file like emails, calendar items, contacts, appointments, RSS feeds, task, notes, journals, etc
- Has the ability to fix those corruption issues, which can’t be solved with Scanpst.exe tool