Repair Outlook 2013 when Stopped Working
Microsoft Outlook 2013 has stopped working message will generally show up while users are working with their Outlook profile. This Outlook 2013 has stopped working error, completely freezes the Outlook (2013) application all of a sudden. So, this issue must be resolved if, the user wants to access the Outlook account again.
In order to repair Outlook 2013 has stopped working issue, you can follow some couple of solutions described here.
Note: Prior trying any of these fixes, it is suggested to ensure that your Office 2013 application is up-to-date. If the Microsoft Office 2013 software is updated and still you are getting this “Outlook stopped working” error, then follow below-listed troubleshooting techniques one after the other (in the order).
1. Create New Profile
Problems with the current Outlook 2013 profile could cause the issue Outlook has stopped working. So, create a new profile, replace the existing profile and re-add email accounts to this new profile.
2. Disable Add-ins
Certain add-ins may give rise to compatibility issues and lead to "Outlook 2013 has stopped working" error. To ensure this start Outlook in Safe Mode.
- From Start menu open Run
- Type outlook /safe and hit Enter key
If Outlook doesn’t start even in Safe Mode, then the problem doesn’t lie with add-ins.
In case, Outlook 2013 starts in Safe Mode, then disable application add-ins and COM add-ins using below steps:
- Open Outlook in Safe Mode and go to File menu
- Select Options, then Add-Ins
- Choose Manage, opt Outlook Add-ins and click Go
- If you can't find Outlook Add-ins under Manage option, choose COM Add-ins and proceed
- Uncheck these add-ins: Abbyy FineReader PowerWord, and Dragon Naturally Speaking (if enabled) and click OK
- Restart Outlook (not in safe mode)
If Outlook works fine after disabling add-ins, then update respective add-ins. If you find no update, then get rid of them.
If Outlook doesn't start after disabling the add-in, then repeat the same procedure for other add-ins one by one. If all add-ins are unchecked and still Outlook 2013 stopped working message appears then try the next troubleshooting.
3. Repair Office 2013
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program
- Select Microsoft Office 2013 from the list of installed programs
- Click on Change button and choose Repair option
- If asked, opt Yes to restart the system
4. Update Device Drivers
Run a Windows or Microsoft update and verify you have latest device drivers. If you don’t have, then update them.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall Office
From Control Panel, uninstall Outlook 2013 application. Then, download Outlook from Microsoft official site and install.
If none of the above methods help you then grab an excellent repair tool for repairing MS Outlook 2013 has stopped working issue.
SFWare PST Repair Software:
SFWare PST Repair Program is one of the most trust-worthy software to repair any kind of corruption issues with regards to Outlook PST file. It will help to repair Outlook 2013 when it has been stopped working and PST file becomes inaccessible. It is the tool which will support repairing any kind of errors associated with Outlook 2013. Not only 2013, but also the program aids to fix PST file in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2003, and 2000 etc. Further, the repair utility has been considered as the most recommended software due to following features…
- Simple and friendly user interface
- Advanced repair algorithms embedded within the software
- Support large sized PST file repair
- Well suited to repair password protected as well as highly encrypted PST file
- Recovers all the attributes like emails, contacts, RSS feeds, notes, journals, etc. of PST file after repairing
- Doesn’t modify the original PST file while fixing
- Let’s you to preview all the folders present in a PST file after repair process
- Supports all Windows operating systems including Windows 10
Step-By-Step Procedure to Fix Microsoft Outlook 2013 Has Stopped Working:
- Download and install SFWare PST Repair Software on Windows computer
- After running the app, start the repair process by choosing any one of the three options
- Open PST file- If you know the exact location of Outlook 2013 PST file
- Find PST File- To search the Outlook 2013 PST file
- Select Outlook Profile- If you have multiple Outlook accounts
- Select Normal Scan (to fix trivial corruption) or Smart Scan (when file is severely corrupted)
- Browse the destination location to save fixed PST file and hit Repair button
- Always close Outlook 2013 application properly
- Make a habit of deleting unwanted stuff from the email folder to avoid oversize issue
- Update antivirus program regularly