Solve Outlook 2010 Cannot Open PST File Issue
“Hi, I have upgraded Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 and everything was fine. But, whenever I try to open my mailbox in Outlook 2010, I am getting an error message like “cannot open PST file”. I am unable to access my emails, calendars, contacts, notes, etc. I just don’t know what is wrong with the .pst file! Can anybody help me solve PST file cannot be opened in Outlook 2010 issue? Thanks in advance”
If you are using MS Outlook 2010 regularly to manage all your emails and contacts, then probably you might have faced the above problem. Normally, Outlook 2010 PST file will work smoothly allowing you to access required all its attributes. However, if something goes wrong with PST file like using the wrong method to terminate Outlook PST file, then PST file will get damaged and fails to open and further display error message. Sometimes, other errors may also appear on your screen when you try to open corrupted Outlook 2010 PST file and restrict you to access the information stored on PST file. And those errors are something like this...
- The file xxxx.pst could not be found
- Unable to display the folder. The file xxx.pst could not be accessed
- The file xxxx.pst is not a personal folders file
- File xxxx.pst could not be accessed. Data error
You can solve Outlook 2010 PST file cannot be opened issue by repairing the file using two simple techniques. But, before knowing solutions, just know some factors that corrupt PST file in Outlook 2010 and make the file inaccessible.
- Virus infection to system hard disk where PST file is saved
- Incorrect upgrade of Outlook version to 2010
- Improper configuration of MS Outlook 2010 profile
- Abrupt closing of Outlook 2010 application due to power loss or force shutdown
- Inconsistencies during Windows Operating System update
Technique #1: Use Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair tool) to Fix PST File
You can fix corrupt PST 2010 file and make it accessible by using Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair tool).
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Next, open Inbox Repair Tool
- Select the PST file needs to be fixed and hit Start button
- When it shows errors, click on Repair button
If you still cannot open PST 2010 file, then it means that the damage is severe and the Inbox Repair tool cannot help you in resolving the issue. To know how to solve Outlook 2010 cannot access PST file issue, go through below information…
Technique #2: Fix Outlook 2010 PST Data File using SFWare PST Repair Tool!
SFWare PST Repair Tool is designed to instantly fix Outlook 2010 PST file corruption issues when it can’t be opened. It recovers and restores Outlook mailbox items like emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, notes, and journals completely and accurately. Additionally, it helps to repair PST size limitation errors, and also to recover deleted Outlook attributes. Because of its user-friendly interface and self-descriptive screens, you can fix the Outlook 2010 cannot open .pst file issue very quickly and easily.
Full Guide to Fix Outlook 2010 PST File
- Download and Install the software on any version of the Windows
- Select the drive and find Outlook 2010 PST file which can’t be accessed using “Find” option and click on “Next” option
- Two options like “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan” will be displayed
- Based on the severity of PST file, choose the scanning method
- Finally, click on the “Repair” option
- You can preview the folders of your PST file using “Preview” option
Why is SFWare for Outlook PST is the Right Program?
- Repairs minor as well as major PST corruption issues quickly
- Fixes password-protected files, and encrypted files
- Allows the preview of repaired PST file as well as recovered items before saving them
- Owns Find option to search for PST file if the location is unknown
- Supports all the latest versions such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013