Repair a Large Outlook 2007 Personal Folder File
If you have ever used Outlook 2007 for several months, you’ve probably come across with occasions where the message “the file xxxx.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently delete them”. The message is the symptom of PST file over size issue, and it is a hard core fact that the oversize issue of the PST file is one of the important factors for PST file damage or corruption.
In the earlier versions of MS Outlook like 2000 and below, PST file size limit has been restricted to 2GB. If a new item to be added or changed has the size more than 2GB, the file may become inaccessible or corrupt. Even if you erase some items from server mailbox, the file can’t be synchronized. This issue has already been identified by Microsoft, and that is why large PST files have been added to latest versions of Outlook, i.e., 20GB in Outlook 2007 and 2003, and 50GB in Outlook 2010 and 2013. Even though, Outlook 2007 offers high PST file size limit, still there are chances of PST file corruption due to size issue. In such type of situations, you have to fix outlook 2007 file too large to open problem using some tool.
SFWare PST Repair Tool
When you’re Outlook 2007 PST file is too large and creating some problem, then you can easily repair it by using SFWare PST Repair Software. This Wizard can repair your PST file which is too large in Outlook 2007 without modifying the original source file. This is the reason why this application is trusted by most of the customers worldwide. Some of the notable attributes of this program are as follows…
- Interactive Graphical User Interface helps to repair Outlook 2007 large file just in 3-4 easy steps
- Large sized PST file will be fixed in a couple of minutes
- Being developed with advanced algorithms, it can manage to fix password protected or even encrypted Outlook PST file
- Recovers all the attributes of a repaired PST file like mails, calendar items, contacts, appointments, RSS feeds, task, notes, journals, etc.
- Has the ability to fix those corruption issues, which can’t be solved with Scanpst.exe tool
- Helps to find the corrupted PST file if the location is not known
- Repaired PST file can be saved on desired location or device accessible to host Operating Systems
- Supported MS Outlook versions are: Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013
- Supported Windows versions are: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003
How to Fix Outlook 2007 PST File which is too large?
The first and foremost thing is to go to the official site of SFWare and download the PST Repair Application on any of the latest Windows Operating Systems. Once downloading is finished, install and run it. Then using “Browse” button, provide the Outlook 2007 PST file which is too large. Start the fixing process using “Repair” button. Once repairing of PST file gets completed, you can view all the folders associated with the repaired Outlook 2007 PST file with the help of “Preview” option.
Tips to overcome issues with PST size
To avoid this issue with PST file size, it is always recommended to follow below mentioned steps on a regular basis.
- Regularly delete unnecessary emails
- Archive emails based on different criteria
- Maintain backup of PST file and remove unnecessary items
The above tips can be used as precautionary measures to avoid PST file corruption which may occur due to oversized PST file. Still there are other instances wherein the PST file gets severely damaged. For such cases it is convenient to use SFWare PST Repair tool and extract all the attributes of the file. Hence it is always suggested that you should check the limitations of PST file, and make necessary steps to fix the corrupt oversized PST file.