Tool to Rebuild OST File
When you work in offline mode, Outlook creates an exact copy of the user mailbox on the Exchange server. This Outlook OST file is the exact replica of the folders. When you make any changes while working offline, this gets automatically synchronized once you are connected to the Exchange server. Suppose there are any issues with OST file, for instance, if the OST file gets corrupted, then synchronization doesn’t take place.
When OST file is corrupted, you need to repair the file in order to get access to emails, contacts, and other Outlook attributes. But how does OST file get corrupted? Well, here are some of the reasons:
- Exiting Outlook improperly
- Exchange server failure
- OST file header corruption
- Interrupted network connection
- Sudden system shutdown
When Outlook OST file is not synchronized with MS Exchange Server, then you get error messages. Under such a situation, you end up losing access to your emails. Also you won’t be able to send or receive emails. Of course, you can use Scanost.exe to fix the issue. But what if it fails to fix the damaged OST file? Don’t worry; a quick and easy solution to repair and rebuild corrupt OST file is by using SFWare PST Repair tool.
Simple Solution to Rebuild OST File:
SFWare PST Repair tool is inbuilt with advanced mechanisms that rebuilds damaged .ost file and also recovers its data. Later it can be stored in PST file that can be accessed with Outlook. The application repairs corrupt OST file, and then recovers its attributes like contacts, journals, notes, tasks etc., effortlessly.
Guide to Rebuild OST File:
- Download the software and install it on your system
- You will find 3 options in the main screen – Select Open PST File if you know the OST file path. Choose Find PST File option if you don’t know the OST file location. Else go with Select Outlook Profile if there are multiple Outlook profiles.
- Next select the scanning option, and choose the destination where the repaired file is to be saved
- Click on Repair button
- Once the repair process is completed, you can preview the recovered items