How to Recover Outlook Contacts?
You may lose contacts from Outlook accidentally or at any other unpredictable situations. When you lose Outlook contacts, don’t come to the conclusion that they are permanently deleted from your Outlook. Deleted or lost contacts still exist on your Outlook.
Thinking, how it is possible? Well! When you delete a contact, it moves to Deleted Items folder and continues to exist there until you remove it from Deleted Items folder. If you empty Deleted Items Folder, then it moves to Recoverable Items folder. So there are chances of getting them back without using any software before you empty Recoverable Items Folder.
What if you empty Recoverable Items Folder even before recovering contacts? Then you need to opt Outlook Recovery tool. Even when you want to restore Outlook contacts from corrupted PST file, you have to make use of Outlook Recovery tool as there is no manual method for recovering lost Outlook contacts.
Well, here we will show you how to recover Outlook contacts from Deleted Items Folder and Recoverable Items Folder. And even using Outlook Recovery tool. To know the complete guide, hang on.
Method #1: Recovering contacts from Deleted Items folder
When you delete a contact, it's moved to the Deleted Items folder in your mailbox just like a deleted email message. To find or recover a deleted contact, the Deleted Items folder is the first place to look. If the contact is there, here's how to recover it:
- Go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items
- Use the Search Deleted Items box to find the item you want to recover. Or you can sort by the Icon column to group all the contacts in your Deleted Items folder
- When you find the contact, right-click it, and then click Move > Other Folder
- To move the contact back to your list of contacts, click Contacts, and then click OK
Method #2: Restore Outlook Contacts from Recoverable Items Folder
Emptied Deleted Items folder? You don’t have to worry, follow the step mentioned below and restore them from Recoverable Items Folder-
- Open Outlook and select Home tab
- Next, click on Recover Deleted Items from Server
- Then, look for deleted contacts and click on Restore Selected Items
- Finally, click on OK
It moves your contacts to Deleted items folder. Go to Deleted Items Folder and restore it. If you didn’t find contacts in the Recoverable Items folder or you have lost your Outlook contacts due to PST file corruption, then it is not possible to get them back using manual way. Therefore, try out next method.
Method #3: Recover Outlook contacts using SFWare PST File Repair Software
If you can't find a contact in the Deleted Items folder, the next place or an alternative to look is SFWare PST File Repair Software. It recovers Outlook contacts that are lost due to PST file corruption as well as after deletion. It easily repairs Outlook PST file and recovers all the Outlook attributes, including contacts.
Step by Step Guide to recover contacts from MS Outlook
This is an application whose usage is quite simple to help both beginners and technically skilled persons. After the application is installed, it will ask you to provide PST file from where the contacts are missing. Then, it will start a deep scan of the provided file for lost/deleted contacts. The scanning may take some time, but ensures recovery of all the deleted or lost contacts.
Step 1: Download SFWare PST File Repair, install and launch it. Select one of these below options: Open PST File - If you're aware of the PST file path present on your computer, then go for this option, Find PST File - If you do not know the location of Outlook PST file location, then choose this option, Select Outlook Profile - If there are multiple Outlook users/profiles existing on your computer, then this option will be appropriate
Step 2: Choose the appropriate option and proceed further.
Step 3: After locating the Outlook data file, click on "Next" option
Step 4: Now you can select either "Normal Scan" or the "Smart Scan", then select destination folder where the output Outlook file has to be stored
Step 5: Click on "Repair" button
Step 6: Once the process is completed, you will be able to restore Outlook contacts
What’s more, SFWare PST File Repair Toolkit restores other attributes of Outlook PST file such as emails, calendars, journals, RSS feeds, notes, etc. As the name itself indicates, the tool will fix corruption issues related to PST file. In fact, it will resolve all PST errors and corruption problems which can’t be resolved by ScanPST.exe tool.
Important features of SFWare PST Repair Program:
- SFWare PST Repair Utility not only helps in recovering Outlook contacts but also supports in recovery of other attributes like Outlook emails, calendars, RSS feeds, journals, etc.
- Successfully recovers an Outlook PST file that gets damaged when it exceeds its storage capacity
- Helps to repair PST file that cannot be repaired using Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe)
- Has an ability to get back PST files with high encryption
- You can also employ this tool to repair PST file without Scanpst in few minutes
- SFWare PST Repair Program generates a new PST file in Outlook 2003-2010 format which can be easily replace the damage PST file
- Outlook Contacts that are lost during up-gradation of Outlook can be restored easily
- This tool provides an option to search for the location of your PST files or recover Outlook contact files based on the Outlook profiles
- Retrieve contacts from Outlook files created on Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.
Useful tips to avoid loss of contacts from Outlook:
- Backup PST file to avoid loss of contacts in future
- Keep track of PST file size
- Never close MS Outlook improperly
- Always terminate Microsoft Outlook before recovery process
- It is recommended to make use of updated antivirus program to remove deadly viruses