Repairing 2013 PST File on Windows 8
“I have Windows 8 and Office 2013 with Outlook. Since upgrading I seem to be having a few problems syncing my calendars as well as sometimes my mail will not appear unless I close and open Outlook.
Searching for repair online gave me several options of 3rd party add on programs. Microsoft says there is a "scanpst.exe file, but I can't find that in 2013. So how do I check and repair my PST file? It is of about 4GB. I read that in older versions you should not go over 2GB. I have years of information so I don’t want to lose at any cost. So please help me!”
Well, it is a great opportunity to assist you! As per my understanding, you are facing issues with Outlook 2013 PST on Windows 8 and you’re unable to locate the inbox repair tool ScanPST to fix Outlook 2013 PST file.
To locate ScanPST in Outlook 2013, use the command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\. Basically, the inbox repair tool is the first aid kit when it comes down to Outlook PST file corruptions. A common need to run this repair tool to fix Outlook 2013 PST file on Windows 8 is when Outlook 2013 refuses to open PST file and displays error messages. Some other cases you might get recommended to use the inbox repair tool to repair Outlook 2013 PST file when you are suffering from specific symptoms such as
- Spyware or Malware infection on hard drive partition where PST files are stored results in corruption of .pst file header and makes it inaccessible
- Sharing or transferring PST files on multiple or unsecure networks also ends up with PST file corruption
- Abnormal termination of system when Outlook application is still in use, corrupts PST file severely
- If you are upgrading your Outlook to a newer version and the Outlook PST file is not backed up properly before up-gradation, then your PST files might get damaged if anything goes wrong during the up-gradation process
- Operating system failure, file system corruption due to OS re-installation, server crash, Outlook malfunctions and hardware crash are some of the other reasons which leads to Outlook PST file damage
Even though Outlook 2013 appreciate to work with larger PST files, it will be safe to keep the PST file size in limit. If it crosses the limit, then also Outlook 2013 PST file corruption happens and the file would be unreadable. What if the inbox repair tool fails in repairing Outlook 2013 PST file on Windows 8? Well, this guide walks you through the repair process and gives recommendations what to do to when the Inbox Repair Tool fails and how to prevent PST file corruptions from happening in the future.
SFWare PST Repair Tool for fixing Outlook 2013 PST File on Windows 8!
SFWare PST Repair Tool is the most appreciated software available online. It will fix PST file without ScanPST created on Outlook 2013 easily and swiftly. In addition to this, it has friendly user interface which will help you to carry out Outlook 2013 PST file fixing process without any difficulty on Windows 8. What’s more, apart from Windows 8, it will also help to repair PST files on other Windows OS versions like Windows 10, 7, Vista, XP, etc. It has been designed using advanced mechanism which will fix the major corruption issues of a typical Outlook 2013 PST file without damaging any of the items present on file. It is also be able to perform repair process for a PST file created on various versions of Outlook like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 along with 2013.
Additional Features of SFWare PST Repair Program
- The toolkit will recover PST file attributes like emails, contacts, notes, journals, schedules, RSS feeds, etc along with repairing it
- Also helps to rebuild OST file
- Password protected PST file will also be fixed
- Highly encrypted personal folder file will be repaired
- Supports repair for any sized PST file
- SFWare PST Repair Wizard allows you to preview repaired PST file before saving
Precautions to be taken
- Maintain a backup copy of PST file
- Install good antivirus software
- Always close the Outlook application properly