Fix Outlook PST when ScanPST Freezes During Repair
We all know that Outlook PST file is prone to corruption due to various reasons like oversized PST file, sudden system shutdown, network connectivity issues, and so on. This is why it comes with an in-built repair tool called ScanPST. Inbox Repair tool will scan and fix Outlook PST file issues. However, sometimes, ScanPST fails to fix PST file, and doesn’t seem to be a feasible option to fix corrupt PST. The main problem being ScanPST freezing during repair.
What Causes ScanPST to Freeze?
- Improper installation of ScanPST.exe
- Using an outdates version of ScanPST.exe
- If the size of the PST file is more than 2 GB
- When Outlook PST file header is broken
- PST file corruption is severe and beyond the repair capability of ScanPST tool
So when ScanPST freezes during PST repair process, you can try the following solutions –
- Make sure you have the updated version of ScanPST.exe. For this, download and install all the recent updates which are available for Outlook.
- Check the size of the PST file. If it is more than 2 GB, then you need to delete all unwanted emails, attachments, tasks, notes, etc.
- Try to install Outlook once again
If none of these work out, then the PST file corruption could be severe, and ScanPST is no more an option to fix the file. So how to fix Outlook PST without ScanPST tool? With the help of SFWare PST Repair tool. This application comes in handy to repair corrupt PST file even when ScanPST fails to fix it. Moreover, it is a safe utility which repairs damaged Outlook files in just a short while.
Repair Outlook PST after ScanPST Freezes During Repair –
SFWare PST Repair tool is specifically designed to repair PST files which cannot be repaired using scanpst.exe. When ScanPST freezes during the repair process and leaves the PST file further corrupted, SFWare PST Repair tool comes to your rescue. It completely scans the PST file, fixes it and recovers Outlook attributes like emails, contacts, appointments, notes, journals, RSS feeds, and other settings. Even encrypted and password protected PST file can be repaired.
This PST Repair tool fixes damaged PST files on Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and other Outlook versions. Apart from ScanPST issues, this utility fixes other Outlook issues like PST errors, not opening Outlook, inaccessible PST file, and so on. It is compatible with all Windows OS versions, including Windows 10.
Tutorial to Fix PST File when ScanPST Freezes –
- Download and install SFWare PST Repair tool on your system
- Run the software, and follow on-screen instructions to repair corrupted file
- On the main screen, there are 3 options – Select Open PST File option if you know the path of the PST file. If you don’t know PST file location, then choose Find PST File option. If there are multiple Outlook profiles, then go with Select Outlook Profile option.
- Once the PST file is located for repair, click Next
- In the next screen, select the required scanning option, followed by the destination where the repaired PST file has to be saved, and hit Repair
- Once the file is repaired, you can preview the recovered items