How to remove flicker in videos?
Imagine watching a flickery video? Can be pretty annoying, right? In order to solve this problem, we provide you with the best and simplest solution using SFWare MOV repair software. It is a great tool to repair both MOV and MP4 videos. Just download a trial and repair your file for free!
There’s nothing like watching your favourite video with a bag of popcorn and tea by the side. But is it the same feeling if you have a blurry or a flickering video? Definitely not, right? If the video is too flickery, you are going to have difficulty even watching it for 2 minutes. In order to resolve this problem, we are going to provide you with some simple solutions.
But before that, what is flicker? A flicker in video is a continuous change in brightness displayed on the video. This usually results due to various factors like refresh rate, problem with the cables being used or due to problem in the video itself. An interesting thing about flicker is that it is subjective. Different people perceive flicker differently. For some, the flicker may seem unbearable and for others the same flicker may not be seen at all.
How to repair a flickering video?
If you are someone like me who is sensitive to flickers in the video, there arises a need to repair it and we provide some solutions to resolve this problem here.
Solution 1: Check the refresh rate of your monitor
- 1. If you are on a Windows PC, click on the Windows button and type ‘refresh rate’
- 2. Then click on the Advanced Display Info > Display Adapter Properties
- 3. Click on the middle Monitor tab and look at the Properties window to check and set the refresh rate
- 4. Refer your manufacturer’s website to find the appropriate refresh rate for your model
Choosing a correct refresh rate should help you solve the flicker problem in some cases.
Solution 2: Use SFWare MOV Repair software
If changing the refresh rate does not help remove the flicker, then there is a probability that your video file is corrupt and hence flickery. SFWare’s MOV repair tool is a fantastic choice to remove flicker in MP4 and MOV videos and make them play smooth on your device. In addition to removing flicker, it can also be used to repair all kinds of corruption in MOV files like header issues, structure issues, blurry or pixelated videos, audio video sync issues and virus infected MOV files.
SFWare MOV Repair tool works in such a way that your original files are not harmed during the repair process. Meaning, it just extracts contents of the video and separates it into audio and video. Then issues are fixed from the data extracted and a new healthy MOV file is created.
Some special features of the SFWare MOV repair include:
- Supports repair of MP4 files and MOV files
- Both Mac and Windows versions are available with support for all the latest versions
- Provides a free preview of the repaired MOV files
Procedure to repair flickering videos using SFWare MOV Repair
- 1. Download and install SFWare MOV Repair software on your computer and double click on the downloaded file to open it
- 2. Click on the Healthy file to choose a healthy MOV file that will be used as reference to repair the corrupt file
- 3. Click on the Corrupt file to choose the corrupt MOV file
- 4. Click on Repair for the software to repair your file
- 5. As a final step, preview the repaired MOV file and save in a preferred location