Repair Damaged or Corrupt PPTX File
Have a damaged or corrupt PPTX file? Or are you receiving errors when trying to open a PPTX file? Whatever may be the case, learn how to repair these files using SFWare PPT Repair software. It works with PPT and PPTX files created on all versions of Office and also works with all versions of Windows OS including Windows 10.
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most commonly used application to create and deliver presentations by many users across the globe. But like all other files, PPT and PPTX files created on PowerPoint do experience corruption issues and turns inaccessible due to various reasons. Now let us look into some of the most common reasons for corruption in PPTX files.
Factors responsible for PPTX file corruption
- Application crash – This is one of the main reasons for corruption in PPTX files. If Microsoft PowerPoint application crashes when you are saving a file, you may end up with a corrupt file.
- Changing PPTX format – Converting a file from one format to another once in a while is fine. But going overboard with it and doing it multiple times can lead to corruption in PPTX files.
- Damage caused by data recovery programs – Use of unreliable data recovery software may cause damage to files during the recovery process. Once recovered, you will find the file corrupted and inaccessible.
- Editing PPT files on external storage device – Normally, accessing and editing PPTX files directly on the storage device instead of on your computer can cause corruption.
Repair PPTX files using SFWare PPT Repair software
In addition to the above mentioned reasons, there are also many other reasons due to which PPT and PPTX files can get corrupted. But no matter what the reason for corruption is, it can be repaired using a tool called SFWare PPT Repair software. It is the best tool to repair corruption in PPT, PPS and PPTX files.
The advantage of using this software is that it works on a read only mechanism. In other words, the contents of the file are extracted and worked upon, so the original file is not altered or damaged during the process. Once the file is repaired, original text and formatting along with OLE objects and hyperlinks are recovered by the software.
In addition to this, the tool allows repair of corrupt PPTX files created on different versions of MS Windows OS such as Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. It also supports repair of PowerPoint 2010, 2000, 2003, 2007, etc.
Procedure to repair PPTX files using SFWare PPT Repair software
- 1. As a first step, download and install SFWare PPT Repair software on your computer
- 2. Run the software and click on Browse to select the corrupt PPTX file to repair
- 3. Then click on Repair for the software to repair your PPTX file. Wait until the repair process is complete
- 4. Once the file is repaired, you will be notified of the same and given an option to preview the repaired file
- 5. Preview the repaired file and choose a folder to save the file. As a final step, click on Save to save the repaired file