This SD card recovery guide helps you understand how to recover files from SD Card. This efficient technique is explained to restore photos, videos, audio and documents from a formatted or corrupt SD Card. Any physical damage or possible SD card corruption results in data loss that may or may not be permanent.
Data lost due to SD Card corruption is not completely gone. Whatever data stored in SD Card are still available, however the corruption restricts you from accessing them. But recovering lost files from a damaged SD Card is not an easy task. Only by using a proficient data recovery software, you can safely recover files from memory card.
SFWare memory card recovery software is programmed with a unique search algorithm, that can perform deep scanning on any SD Card to securely restore back data from it. This tool has an in-built options to recover data from a formatted or corrupt SD Card. You can recover deleted or lost documents, videos, audio, images from SD Card that is affected by any of the reasons mentioned below.
Features of SFWare SD Card Data Recovery tool:
- SFWare Memory Card Data Recovery software is an efficient enough to counter any kind of data loss due to SD Card failure or corruption.
- Restores data from formatted or corrupt SD Card or Memory Card
- Recovers photos, videos, documents, audios from any type of SD Card.
- Helpful to recover data from any kind of file system associated with the SD Card.
- This tool is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and till the latest Mac OS version.
- It can restore lost files or recover deleted file from Memory card such as SanDisk, Samsung, Polaroid, Transcend, Sony.
- SFWare deleted SD Card Recovery tool can restore files from SDXC, SDHC, SD, MicroSD, Memory Stick, xD-Picture, Compact Flash.
Causes of SD Card failure:
- Bad sectors on SD Card:
Bad sectors are inaccessible sectors of any storage device. If there is a bad sector on a SD card, reading or writing data is not possible and this results in permanent data loss.
- Malware attack on SD Card:
Any type of virus infection on a SD Card affects the functioning of the storage device and the data stored in that card is inaccessible. A malware attack on a SD Card makes the card unresponsive and user will not be able to read or write any data on that particular storage device.
- SD Card file system damage:
In any storage device, information is stored and organized according to a file system. If there is any damage to file system of SD Card, this affects the data stored in the device. Data becomes inaccessible and a proficient memory card recovery software is needed to recover the data from it
- Damaged SD Card slot:
Usually SD Card is portable storage device used to save and transfer the files stored in it. While it is used in different devices, if there is any physical damage to SD Card slot of the device it also affects the card used in it.
- Error while formatting:
Any interruption in-between formatting a SD Card causes severe damage to the card, which results in data loss. If any error occurs while formatting, Re-formatting a SD Card is difficult and it causes permanent damage to the card
How to Perform SD Card Recovery to Restore Lost or Deleted Files?
To recover photos from SD card, download and install Windows or Mac SFWare SD card recovery software on your PC
- Step 1: Launch SFWare SD Card Recovery software and proceed with the following steps.
- Step 2: Select any one of the following options, depending on the data loss scenarios from the main screen. Then,
Restore lost files or Recover deleted files from SD Card
Drive /Partition Recovery or Formatted Recovery if you have corrupted or formatted data Recovery
Recover data from complicated data loss such as formatted or corrupt SD Card
- Step 3: Next choose the drive on which you want to perform SD Card Recovery
Now the SD Card Recovery tool performs deep scanning to locate and find the recoverable files
- Step 4: All types of recoverable files are displayed on the screen, use Data view or File Type View to navigate through the files of SD Card
If you want to continue this recovery session later, Use Save Recovery Session option to save and open recovery session to resume it.
- Step 5: Now select the list of files you want to restore from SD Card, then click next to choose the destination drive to save it locally
Note: Do not use the same SD Card to save the restored files This might cause interruption in the recovery process or overwrite recoverable data.
You have successfully recovered lost or deleted files from your formatted or corrupt SD Card. SFWare SD Memory Card Recovery tool is built with a unique search algorithm to find and recover files from a SD Card.
Second Screen with Two Main options if you have lost or deleted files from the Card
Second Screen with Two Main options if you have corrupted or formatted drive
Select Appropriate Drive and click on 'Next'
Scanning and Recovery Process starts
'Preview' Recovered Media Files
Why SFWare SD Card Recovery?
SFWare SD Card Recovery is one of the leading recovery tools that can perform quick and efficient recovery of different lost or deleted media files from SD card. Users can make use of “Find” option to search a particular deleted media file if in case the location of that file is unknown. With technical assistance available 7 daya a week and 24 hours a day perform recovery process in any kind of emergency.
- Supported Windows OS versions – Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Supported Mac OS X versions – OS X 10.5 (Leopard), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
- Hardware Specifications: 1GB RAM (To run software), 50MB memory (free space for installation) and 32-bit or 64-bit
Operating System type
Data loss due SD Card corruption or formatted SD Card is not permanent. But the recovery process has to be immediately started after the data loss is noticed. Delaying the recovery process might reduce the chance of recovering complete data from the SD Card. In such cases, it is recommended to use SFWare SD Card Recovery tool to safely recover data from any kind of memory card. You can restore deleted or lost files any type of SD Card or Memory Card.