Steps to Restore Word Document from Temporary Files
Word file can get corrupted due to the computer crash, power surge, or due to human errors. But, Word application has Auto Save and Auto Recovery options which you can use to rescue data of damaged Word document. In case, Auto Recovery or Auto Save mode is not enabled, then you can use temporary files to recover the data from corrupted Word document.
Microsoft Word creates temporary files while creating Word document. You can find it in Windows Temp folder. If you are working on a network drive, then look at the network drive. This file starts with the ~ and then has different characters. Using these files lost data can be recovered easily.
How to Recover Word Document from Temporary Files?
- Go to a search box and type *.tmp
- When search results appear, look for Word Temp files
- It might have the same name as your lost file with .tmp extension. Or else look for the file based on creation date and time
- Once you find required temp file, note down file name and its location
- Now, launch the Word application and navigate to File-> Open
- Now, go to the location where your temp file is stored and choose "All Files" in the "Files of Type"
- Then, choose the temp file and press down arrow next to the "Open" button. Click on "Open and Repair" and save your document
It will help you to get back content of lost Word document. In case, temporary files are not found or you didn’t get expected results from it, then try out the SFWare Repair Word Document tool to repair and recover text from Word file.
Repair and Recover Word Document using SFWare Repair Word Document tool:
Easy to use SFWare Repair Word Document software helps to repair and recover text from damaged Word file in less time. The tool easily recovers Word file attributes, such as images, header, footers, graphics, tables, charts, OLE objects, etc. Moreover, it doesn’t modify your source Word file during the repair process.
Complete Tutorial to Fix Word Document using SFWare Repair Word Document Software-
Download SFWare Repair Word Document application on your Windows. Then, install and launch the tool as per instructions shown on the screen. Next, do as follows to get it fixed in no time.
- Select the Word file which has to be fixed using Browse button
- Once you choose damaged file, click on “Repair” button
- Quick repairing process will take place displaying all repaired Word files
- Next, view fixed Word file using “Preview” button
- Finally, save repaired file on any location
What are the other Benefits of SFWare Repair Word Document?
- Fixes Word document with .doc and .docx extensions
- Repairs password protected and highly encrypted Word file with ease
- Compatible to work with almost all versions of Windows OS, including Windows 10
- Helps to repair Word file created on MS Word 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000