It’s a simple procedure. To extract an encrypted ZIP file, you need to
- First, right-click on the ZIP file
- Select Extract All or Extract Here option
- To extract selected files, hold CTRL button and select files that you want to extract
- Enter the password (or encryption code) when prompted
But sometimes, you may fail to unzip the encrypted ZIP file. When you try to open certain encrypted files to extract contents from it, you may receive errors or face different issues. In such situation, you will be worried about the files that have been compressed into a ZIP. But, why you are prevented from extracting the encrypted ZIP file?
Circumstances/Causes That Don’t Allow to Extract Encrypted ZIP Files:
Sometimes, you feel difficulty in unzipping the encrypted ZIP file. You stuck in these sorts of situations if the encrypted ZIP file is corrupted or damaged due to below-mentioned issues.
- Saving ZIP file on the drive which has bad sectors
- Using improper compression or encryption technique
- Closing ZIP file or system (when ZIP is in use) abruptly
- CRC or download errors
- Errors encountered due to low disk space issue while extracting encrypted ZIP files
Apart from above, there are many other reasons that will corrupt encrypted ZIP files and not permit you to unzip it. Sometimes, it even makes the encrypted files inaccessible. So, how to extract encrypted ZIP files in these cases?
Well, to open encrypted ZIP files in this situation, first make use of SFWare Repair ZIP File tool. It is well-known for repairing encrypted ZIP file easily and helps in trouble-free extraction of encrypted ZIP archive in a short interval of time.
Why SFWare Repair to Fix Encrypted ZIP File?
With the help of SFWare Repair ZIP File Software, you can safely unzip the files of an encrypted or password protected ZIP archive even after its damage or corruption. This utility carefully repairs encrypted ZIP file and extracts encrypted ZIP archive. It also recovers all the data present on that ZIP without any damage. Moreover, this program is considered to be one of the most recommended tools to unzip the encrypted ZIP file. This application is free from any kind of virus, and hence there is no need to worry about the safety of your computer.
Steps to Extract Encrypted ZIP Files:
Step 1: Download and Install SFWare ZIP File Repair tool
Step 2: Launch the tool and Browse encrypted ZIP file
Step 3: Click on Repair button
Step 4: Check the repaired encrypted ZIP via Preview option
Step 5: Save the healthy encrypted ZIP file to a new location
Now, extract the encrypted ZIP file.
Eminent Features of SFWare Repair ZIP:
- Ability to repair large sized encrypted ZIP files without any issue
- Capability to repair highly encrypted ZIP files
- Can repair and rebuild ZIP file saved on any storage device such as USB drive, memory card, memory stick, HDD, external hard disk and etc.
- Handy for extracting encrypted ZIP files even when the ZIP file is corrupted or damaged due to CRC error, bad sector etc.
- Once ZIP file is unzipped, the tool allows you to have a look at recovered data from that encrypted ZIP file
- Consumes very less time to repair encrypted file and memory for installation
- Supports all major Windows operating systems including Windows 10 and compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit based computers
- Before encrypting the ZIP file, ensure that you have its backup
- Avoid working on password protected ZIP files when there are frequent power fluctuations
- Since password is required to extract data from encrypted ZIP file after its repair, do remember your password