Did you accidently delete the files from the USB flash drive and wonder if you could recover deleted files from USB? You can easily recover data deleted from the USB drive just by following a few easy methods shown in the article.
Table of contents:
USB drives are the most convenient and easiest way to store your important files and documents. You may have saved hundreds and thousands of memories in the form of photos and videos. What if you lose your files from USB accidentally or fortuitously.
Data loss from USB can happen due to multiple reasons like accidental deletion, corruption in the drive, damaged USB, virus intrusion or formatting etc. You might even format the drive when it turns RAW which leads to the data loss from USB.
Do not worry! With the help of the methods explained in the article, you can easily recover your deleted data from USB drive without any hassle.
Yes, you can recover files deleted from USB easily, only if you have not overwritten the existing data in the drive. When files are deleted from the USB drive, the pointers that holds the address of the file gets deleted, the data still exists on the drive unless new data is written over it. Therefore, it is always recommended to not to use your drive until you perform data recovery from the drive.
“I accidentally deleted important files from a USB flash drive, when connected to Windows 10 computer. I don’t even have a backup of those deleted USB files. Is there any way to restore permanently deleted files from USB, how can I retrieve deleted files from my flash drive?”
- Stop using your USB drive immediately coming across data loss situation. This shall reduce the risk of data being overwritten on the drive.
- Avoid copying data to or from the flash drive to any other location. Keep the drive safe until you start the recovery process.
If you have a backup of the data, you can make use of it to restore the deleted files from USB. If you do not have a backup, you can try recovering deleted files from USB flash drive using below mentioned 3 effective methods
NOTE: Below mentioned Previous Version method works only if you have enabled the version before deleting the files. CMD involves commands to run the process and might consume a long time to complete the process.
Previous Version is the feature present in all versions of Windows Operating System.
- Connect your USB flash drive to your PC → Go to This PC
- Right Click on the USB drive → Properties
- Go to Previous Version Tab → Restore
Command Prompt (CMD) ) is a utility available in Windows OS that that helps you fix logical errors on the PC. To recover deleted files from USB drive, follow the below given steps.
- Connect your USB flash drive to computer
- Run command prompt in administrator mode: Right click on the Start button → Click on Command Prompt (admin)
- Type chkdsk D: /f in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter. D is the drive letter assigned to your USB
- Next, type “attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*” and hit the Enter key. Replace c with the drive letter.
If none of the above methods worked for you, here is the solution to recover files from the pen drive or USB drives.
SFWare USB recovery tool is a widely recommended tool to recover deleted files. With the quick scan algorithms SFWare efficiently recovers files from any drives without compromising the safety of your files. The tool is available for both Windows and Mac platforms that support the latest Windows 11 and macOS Ventura, Monterey. Download the software now and try it for free.
Download and install the SFWare USB Recovery software on your computer. Connect the USB drive to your PC and launch the application to recover deleted files.
- From the main screen select Recover Files and choose the USB drive from which your deleted files need to be recovered.
- Scanning process initiates. After the completion of the scanning process, recovered files will be displayed in 2 views, in which you can view files in file type or data view . View the recovered files according to your convenience.
- Preview the recovered deleted files from the flash drive. If you are satisfied with the result, save the recovered files.
You can use the tool to recover files from USB brands like Transcend, Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, PNY and other USB brands.
- Verify and confirm before deleting files from USB
- Always keep the backup of your important files
- Avoid using the same USB drive on different systems
- Run an antivirus program when you insert the USB/ external drives
- Follow proper procedure while removing the USB drive from the computer
What happens when you delete files from the SB Flash drives?
As USB is an external storage device, any files deleted from flash drive surpass the Recycle Bin. Therefore, the files will be permanently deleted and Recycle Bin recovery would not be helpful.
How to recover deleted files from USB on Mac?
With the help of a safe and secure tool, you can recovery deleted files from flash drive on macOS. As mentioned above for Windows, files deleted from USB surpass the Mac trash. Therefore, it becomes impossible to recover files from Mac trash. In such situations, you can always rely on SFWare Data Recovery Software for Mac.
How to recover deleted files from flash drive for free?
There are various methods that help you recover deleted files from flash drive without a software. Recovery methods such as Previous Versions and command prompt helps you restore files from USB flash drive without any hassle.