Summary: Windows 7 is one of the most popular operating systems released by Microsoft to date. Millions of Windows users around the world continue to use it. Computers allow you to store any form of data, including work papers, essential documents, personal images, movies of loved ones, favorite games, and everything in between. The fear of data loss has long lingered in the minds of computer users all around the world. Furthermore, almost every Windows user will experience some form of data loss at some point. If you have a Windows 7 computer or laptop in 2023 and have experienced data loss, then read this article to learn how to recover deleted files in Windows 7.
Reasons Behind Data Loss on Windows 7
There are various typical causes for file loss from a Windows 7 system, including:
Accidental deletion: This is the most prevalent reason for how to retrieve deleted files on Windows 7. You may delete a file or folder by accident while cleaning up your computer or trying to free up some space.
Hardware failure: A hardware malfunction could make files completely or partially inaccessible. For instance, hard drives might malfunction as a result of numerous factors, including power surges, and physical harm.
Virus or malware attack: Your data may become inaccessible if they are corrupted or deleted by malware or a virus. This is why it’s crucial to always have a current antivirus program running on your computer.
Operating system failure: The operating system itself may malfunction occasionally, leading to file corruption or loss. There are numerous causes for this, including software bugs, hardware issues, and power outages.
Software corruption: Software bugs, malware attacks, and other causes can all lead to corrupted software. Files may become corrupted or lost as a result, rendering them inaccessible.
Human error: On a Windows 7 system, files can also be lost due to human error. For instance, you might unintentionally delete or overwrite a file.
Methods to Recover Permanently Deleted Files Windows 7
Follow the methods mentioned below how to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 7:
- Restore Deleted Files Windows 7 using Recycle Bin
- How to Restore Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 7 using Previous Versions
- How to Restore Deleted Files in Windows 7 using Backup
- How to Recover Deleted Files from PC Windows 7 by using SFWare Data Recovery Software
Restore Deleted Files Windows 7 using Recycle Bin
You can open the Recycle Bin and recover the deleted file if it is still there. This approach, however, only works with files that are deleted from the recycle bin. The file won’t be in the recycle bin if you erased it permanently.
- Locate deleted files in the Recycle Bin by name, file type, or date.
- Right-click any of the removed files to select them.
- In Windows 7, select “Restore” to recover deleted files.
How to Restore Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 7 using Previous Versions
You can recover permanently deleted files Windows 7 free from previous versions if you use Windows Backup or restore points.
- Navigate to the previously deleted file or folder’s location. Select “Restore previous versions” from the context menu when you right-click the file.
- A list of previous versions will be displayed. To recover the lost files, select a prior folder version. You can preview it by clicking the “Open” button to ensure that it is the correct version.
- Once confirmed, click “Restore” to recover deleted files Windows 7 free.
How to Restore Deleted Files in Windows 7 using Backup
To restore a deleted file on the Windows system from a backup, make sure Windows backup is turned on. To recover deleted files from a backup, follow these steps.
- Select “Control Panel” from the “Start”.
- Select “Backup and Restore” from the “System and Maintenance”.
- Next, choose “Restore my files” and follow the screen instructions on how to recover permanently deleted files from pc windows 7 and save your files.
How to Recover Deleted Files from PC Windows 7 by using SFWare Data Recovery Software
You can recover using a safe and secure data recovery solution. SFWare Data Recovery software is one of the most popular options for recovering deleted files from any operating system. Whether the drive is formatted or corrupt, the software analyses the sector to restore all files.
Download and install the SFWare Data Recovery Software on your computer.
- To recover deleted files from Windows 7, select the Recover Files option from the main screen.
- Click on the drive from which you want to recover files from the RAW external hard drive.
- Now, the scanning process begins. After the completion of scanning, it will display all the recoverable files.
- Preview the selected files for recovery. If you are satisfied with the results Save them in your safe location.
We hope your query is resolved and this article has helped you to understand the various methods how to recover deleted files from desktop Windows 7. However, if you ever encounter any issues related to how to recover deleted files from computer Windows 7, use our recommended SFWare Data Recovery Software to solve your issues.