Nowadays a digital camera is a must for any travel plan. It feels wonderful to look at all the memories you have saved after returning from your trip. However, there will be a few situations where you connect your SD card to your computer only to realize that the SD card got corrupted and there are DataDno photos on it. If you encounter a similar situation with your SD card, you can easily repair it and recover photos from corrupt SD card.
Scroll down for sections that begin with the usual causes of corruption in SD card followed by steps to repair it and concludes with how to recover photos from corrupt SD card using an efficient SD card recovery software
4 Usual Causes behind corrupted SD card:
A few obvious reasons behind the corruption of SD card or cause data loss on SD card as follows
Inaccessible SD card:
Under rare circumstances, the file system on your SD card might get corrupted or converted into a RAW drive. A RAW file system error occurs when a computer cannot access the storage device or recognize file system. Fortunately in situation like these, your photos are still saved on your SD card but you cannot access them.
Note: If your SD card is inaccessible, skip ahead to section of the article that explains how to recover photos from SD card
Unexpected formatting of SD card:
Various digital cameras use a distinct storage media format to save photos. When you insert your SD card from one camera into another it will format the card with its own specific file system.
Recovering formatted data from SD card using CMD is complicated for a normal user, rather it is quite easier to recover lost photos, videos or any other using an SD card recovery software.
Virus or Malware attacks:
If your SD card is infected with viruses or malware, a swift reaction is required to save your personal memories from corruption. Virus attacks are always sneaky, so it is recommended to maintain an updated firewall or antivirus for avoiding such situations.
Interrupting While Reading or Writing on to SD card:
Most of the users tend to take SD cards for granted. Users interrupt any read or write process while it is going on or remove SD card from camera without switching off. Under such circumstances, the SD card’s file system will be damaged resulting in corrupt or damaged SD card.
Nevertheless, you can surely repair Corrupt SD card. The latter section of the article offers you a brief explanation on how to repair corrupt SD card using CMD or command window.
How to Repair damaged SD card using CMD?
The quickest way to recover corrupt or damaged SD card is through CMD. CMD or Command window is a ms-dos tool. Follow the specified instructions to recover photos from sd card
- Click on start search cmd. Right click on cmd and click on Run as Administrator
- On the command window type chkdisk “drive letter”/f (for example if a drive letter is G: type chkdsk G:/f)
- Once this process is finished enter command “drive letter”: (“G:” press enter)
- Enter command attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*Once the process is completed you can see the recovered files in a new folder in the SD cardHowever, manual way of repairing a corrupt SD card might be risky as well as tricky. If you are not confident, kindly refrain from repairing damaged SD card using CMD. Because a single mistake while using cmd will permanently erase all your precious photos.
SFWare Photo recovery software developed with an easy user interface, that automates the recovery process and avoids any data loss scenarios. SFWare’s deep scan algorithm is specifically programmed to recover lost photos from corrupt, formatted or damaged SD cards.
How to Recover photos from corrupt SD card ?:
SFWare’s SD card recovery software is specially programmed to recover digital media from problematic SD Cards. You can easily recover photos using specified directions
- Download and install SFWare SD card recovery software
- Connect the corrupt SD card to your computer and launch SFWare recovery software
- Select Recover Formatted/Corrupt for recovering files from corrupted SD card
- Now click on scan. Scan result will display available storage devices and partitions on your computer
- Select the storage device you want to recover and click Scan
- Once the scan is completed, you can see available partitions on the scanned storage device
- Select the partition consisting your photos and click on scan
- After a successful scan, you can recover the photos on the partitions.
- Select the files you want to restore and proceed to save the files
Why choose SFWare SD card Recovery software?
- SFWare SD card recovery is specifically designed to recover digital media such as RAW images, PSD files, video files, MP3 formats etc
- Integrated with a robust scan algorithm, it always ensures to give you precise scan results
- With the help of SFWare, you can easily recover deleted files, files from reformatted or hard drives installed with the new operating system.
- You can take advantage of save recovery session and avoid rescanning of large hard drives
- It is compatible with storage devices formatted with NTFS-5, NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, HFS, HFS+Summary:
Hope this article helped you to recover photos from corrupt SD card. As discussed in this article, SD cards are vulnerable. There might be various reasons for corruption. Nevertheless, you can recover them easily. However, the manual way of recovering photos is risky and tricky. Hence, it is strongly suggested to use a professional photo recovery software to automate and avoid any risk of erasing precious photos.